Reasons to love this grown-up take on Rice Krispies treats: you can make it in 20 minutes, it’s perfect for entertaining or gift-giving and there’s absolutely no baking involved! Say hello to your new favorite Christmas dessert.
Christmas Rice Krispies Treats
These simple no-bake treats are quick and easy, but that’s not their only selling point. They’re a shortcut, yes, but they’re also delicious!
The combination of crispy cereal, sweet marshmallows and butter is a classic flavor combo. Playing on that, I’ve added in tart dried cranberries and roasted, salted pistachios. The sweet, tart and salty combination is absolutely delicious. The best Christmas Rice Krispies Treats I’ve ever had! The bright red and green colors are a fun bonus too.
You could press these into a pan and cut them into squares like traditional Rice Krispies Treats, if you want. The balls, however, are a little more unique and fun, especially if you’re using these treats for edible gifts.
Crispy Rice & Cranberry Nut Balls
Yield: approximately 36 balls
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup roasted, salted pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows
1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, cranberries and nuts.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3. Pour butter-marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture. Using a buttered spatula, stir until cereal mixture is well coated.
4. Using buttered hands or a buttered cookie scoop, shape mixture into 36 balls and place on waxed paper or parchment paper.
Let stand at room temperature until firm and no longer sticky. Then dig in!