Yes, This Pumpkin Bread Is Actually Low-Fat

Low Fat Pumpkin Bread

We don’t care what anyone says: pumpkin spice brings the hype because it deserves the hype. But we all go a little overboard on pumpkin goodies this time of year, so this low-fat pumpkin bread is right on cue. It’s just as delicious as you want it to be, but won’t leave you feeling guilty about indulging in the next pumpkin treat that crosses your path.

Low-Fat Pumpkin Bread

Yield: serves 10-12


  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup oatmeal
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1¼ cups pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup milk
  • Instructions

    1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.

    2. In a large bowl, combine sugars, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract, whisking until smooth. Using a spatula, stir in half of the flour mixture, followed by the milk. Then stir in the remaining flour mixture, mixing just until no streaks of flour are visible — remember, be careful not over-mix here. Pour into your prepared pan.

    3. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.

    Reduced Guilt Pumpkin Bread Loaf

    4. Allow your loaf to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.

    Share tips, start a discussion or ask one of our experts or other students a question.

    Make a comment:
    characters remaining

    12 Responses to “Yes, This Pumpkin Bread Is Actually Low-Fat”

    1. Carolyn

      Nutrition Facts Servings: 11 Amount per serving Calories 203 % Daily Value* Total Fat 2g 3% Saturated Fat 0.7g 4% Cholesterol 35mg 12% Sodium 79mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 42.6g 15% Dietary Fiber 3g 11% Total Sugars 18.4g Protein 5.1g Vitamin D 3mcg 16% Calcium 95mg 7% Iron 3mg 15% Potassium 295mg 6% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.

    2. Chi

      Can you provide the Nutrition Facts, please? :)

    3. Sandra Gilleo

      mmmm good

    4. Cheryl Gieseke

      Nutrition Facts please!

    5. Bridgit

      <strong>What is the raw weight of pumpkin used to make the puree?

    6. Libby

      Is there a substitute for pumpkin pie spice as I’m not aware of it Many thanks

    7. Patricia Jeter

      Looks yummy. I’ll try it tomorrow.

    8. Leila Kelley

      Hope to make it this weekend ❤️

    9. Sandra

      Thank you!

    10. Robin Etherton

      Do you know how many calories this has?