Live life on the edge with designer and lifelong knitter Anne Hanson as she teaches you how to incorporate beautiful finishes on your hand-knit garments.
Writer and designer Anne Hanson will give you the hole truth as she teaches you everything you need to know about this finishing technique in Button Bands and Buttonholes. Learn to create smooth edges from which to knit your button bands. Calculate the perfect ratio, based on your design and gauge, to pick up across rows, stitches or even on the diagonal. Learn techniques for precise bind-offs and perfectly spaced button placement. Anne shares her deep knowledge and passion for choosing the right button for each garment. She will keep you from hitting the panic button as she troubleshoots common problems that may crop up. Create eyelets, two-row and one-row buttonholes and learn which to use for your garment and button. Finally, learn to knit incorporated buttonholes and button bands right into the fabric of a sweater.
Let Anne be your ace in the hole; sign up for Button Bands and Buttonholes today!
What You'll Learn
* How to establish smooth edges to facilitate pickup when creating your button band
* How to calculate the pickup ratio for your bands, based on the design and your gauge
* How to pick up the stitches on which youll create your button band
* How to finish off your button bands binding off, troubleshooting and proper steaming
* The importance of correct button selection, for form and function
* How to space and sew on buttons
* Techniques for creating buttonholes in a variety of styles eyelet, two-row and one-row buttonholes
* How to incorporate button bands and buttonholes seamlessly into fabric
What You'll Make
* Beautiful button bands and buttonholes, which are sure to put a flawless finish on your hand-knit garments.
We want you to enjoy every minute of your Craftsy experience. So if you're not thrilled just let us know. We'll make it right.