Master linear perspective and learn to draw landscapes accurately using simple tools and classic techniques.
A seasoned instructor of linear perspective, Connors shares a brief overview of the significance and history of perspective in art, then leads you through a series of drawing exercises designed to strengthen your perceptual skills and explore compositional strategies. You'll see how these strategies have been employed by other artists and learn how to make your own compositional tools. Using a model landscape, you'll refine your ability to visualize a scene then explore atmospheric perspective by building up a sketch with tonal masses. Add depth to your work with Connors' guidance and personal feedback.
What You'll Learn
* The historical use of perspective in art
* Suggested sketching tools and supplies
* Making and using composing L's
* Assessing your work
* The use of lines, outlines and planes
* Creating your own Albertian veil from Plexiglas
* Using plumb lines and a measuring stick
* Refining natural details
* Transferring and copying drawings
* Using light mass, midtone mass and shadow mass to create illusionistic space
What You'll Draw
* A series of guided sketching exercises to practice perspective techniques
What You'll Love
* Adding both skills and easily made tools to your artist's toolbox
* Applying techniques you've learned to create successful drawings
* The ability to bookmark techniques and concepts you want to find again easily
* A 30-second repeat option that lets you loop any section of instruction
* Downloadable, printable class materials with a supply list and instructions for making perspective tools
* Interacting with a world-class instructor of perspective and with fellow classmates
* Lifetime access via any web-enabled device, anytime, anywhere
We want you to enjoy every minute of your Craftsy experience. So if you're not thrilled just let us know. We'll make it right.