I've had this idea for a little pocket-sized mouse for over a year now.
I finally got around to designing him - and I'm so happy I did.
I love these little guys!
Of course I couldn't stop with just one. :-) I don't think you'll be able to either!
Here are all the nitty gritty details. . .
What You Get
* A full-sized pattern - no enlarging or reducing needed.
* Detailed instructions with lots and lots of step-by-step photos. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
* Links to videos teaching you every skill you'll need to make your own mouse - from sewing curves to stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It's a workshop in a pattern!
What You'll Need
* scraps of fabric - light and dark shades of the same color
* 2 4.5 mm safety eyes
* plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
* polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
* sewing machine, thread, basic sewing tools
* 1-2 hours
Three to four inches tall - depending on how slouchy he's feeling - and three inches wide. He's the perfect size for a little pocket pal. :-)
These little guys are easy to make. To give their bottoms that squishy, settled shape without having to set in a separate pattern piece, I used a technique usually used to give depth to tote bags and pillows. You can see what his finished bottom looks like in the photos.
Will you make one mouse? A pair of mice? Or a whole mischief of mice?
This is a digital pattern. After your purchase you'll receive an email allowing you to download the pattern instantly. Your house could be overrun with (cute!) mice very soon! :-)
(c) Wendi Gratz 2014
That means you may not copy and sell or give away the pattern - whether the copies are paper or digital. You may, however, sell things you make with the pattern, as long as you are making them yourself.
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to ...
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to complete the project. Have fun!View all patterns by designer (141) »