I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to ...
I'm on a mission to teach people to sew, quilt, and embroider. I design patterns especially for beginners and I never release a pattern until I have videos teaching you every skill you'll need to complete the project. You can find out more about me on my blog, ShinyHappyWorld.com.View all patterns by designer (164) »
He's a big, huggable teddy bear with soft, suedeish pads on his paws and feet and
smooth satin in his ears.
With all those touchable textures, this is a bear just begging for a snuggle!
Eddie was originally a softie in the Cuddle Club (members got the pattern and everything they needed to make him - available only at Shiny Happy World) and now he's here as a digital pattern for everyone!
What You Get
* A full-sized pattern - no enlarging needed.
* Detailed instructions with lots and lots of step-by-step photos. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
* Links to videos teaching you every skill you'll need to make your own huggable bear - from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole.
You can totally do this! It's a workshop in a pattern!
What You Need
* 1/2 yd. brown fleece fabric (I love using Cuddle Fleece)
* scraps of black and brown wool felt for the nose and muzzle (I used Black and Copper)
* scraps of brown satin for the ear linings
* scraps of suedeish fabric for the paw pads
* embroidery thread for the mouth ( I used black)
* 2 9mm safety eyes
* plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
* polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
* sewing machine, thread, basic sewing and embroidery tools
You're going to love this one! Sewing the contrasting fabric to the bottom of his paws might be a new skill for you, but it's easy once you know the trick. And, of course, the pattern includes a link to a video showing you how it's done. :-)
He's about 10 inches tall and about 10 inches wide. That's an excellent size for hugging.
Speaking of hugging - that little doll-sized teddy bear Eddie's holding in the second photo is his best friend, Freddie. He's available as a separate pattern.
After your purchase you'll receive an email allowing you to download the pattern instantly. Your very own Eddie could be snuggling up with someone at bedtime very soon. . . :-)
(c) Wendi Gratz 2014
This pattern is for personal use only and is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern. You may, however, sell things you make with the pattern, as long as you are making them yourself.