baby ball

from endulzar

Add your comment:

L Forth on craftsy.com
L Forth  June 17, 2014 1:51 PM

Why are there no instructions? How many pieces do I need? - prints only 3 pieces - not enough to make the ball.
Can I use any type of material? - flannel/cotton, etc.
Please advise ASAP.

maggie805 on craftsy.com
maggie805  May 9, 2014 9:22 PM

Wanted to make some of these from scrap material, but have no "guideline(s)" as to what to do, how to stuff and how to finish seams for closing up. Doubt I will attempt unless there are directions somewhere that I can't currently find.

dawk on craftsy.com
dawk  December 6, 2013 9:44 PM

Well, my first attempt was okay, but I found matching the points tricky. It's not obvious how to get the points to line up without some kind of direction or example. Oh well, it's a good way to use up scraps. :0)

Sew_Simple on craftsy.com
Sew_Simple  July 30, 2013 9:32 AM

UPDATE:

Another way to put this together is to sew three pieces together at a time and then sew the two halves of the ball together, leaving space enough to turn it inside out and stuff it. I found this method to be much easier. Just make sure the two halves are nestled together (right sides facing) and the edges match up. I suggest starting and ending your stitches to the sides of the top and bottom.

desna on craftsy.com
desna  October 11, 2013 3:00 PM

Thank you so much for the advice sew_simple I really appreciate it.

dawk on craftsy.com
dawk  December 2, 2013 0:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

Sew_Simple on craftsy.com
Sew_Simple  July 29, 2013 10:43 PM

This is a fun project for my limited sewing skills, and a perfect use for fabric scraps. It is a bit tricky to put together, particularly where all the points meet at the top and bottom of the ball. I haven't gotten mine to match up quite evenly yet. However, it's a fast and simple enough project, and it takes a small amount of fabric, so make several and practice away! After all, babies don't care if the seams are even or not!

So far I've made mine without tags. They go together faster and easier that way. When I get better, I'll try adding tags.

There are no instructions with this pattern. It's just a template with a seam allowance. It's easy enough to figure out, but a few guidelines would be helpful.

After making this project, I can offer a bit of advice. Pair up the fabric pieces after you've cut them out and sew them together, right sides facing. (If you're using two different fabrics, your pairs will have one of each.) Then sew the pairs together. (I tried sewing one piece together at time and it was more difficult and time-consuming.)

janerbane on craftsy.com
janerbane  June 27, 2013 6:37 PM

Putting this one together is harder than it looks! It was a great challenge for me. :) Thanks for posting this pattern.

Lisa 1976 on craftsy.com
Lisa 1976  February 2, 2014 1:09 PM

For whatever reason, I only get a one page pattern template with this pattern and no instructions. Is that all there is? Thank you!

baby ball Pattern