Travel Tray

from Angie's Bits 'n Pieces

Add your comment:

Donna Kimmel on craftsy.com
Donna Kimmel  July 30, 2014 1:18 PM

this could also be done using a placemat and velcro dots for nonsewers.

Miss Patricia on craftsy.com
Miss Patricia  June 22, 2014 7:46 AM

I have one that has ties on the corners. I'm thinking of adding the snaps for quicker assembly. Great pattern, thanks.

wordstitcher on craftsy.com
wordstitcher  February 25, 2013 10:18 AM

I made one of these for myself. Now, I want to make a bunch for my friends! I used hook and loop fasteners, which snagged on clothing in my luggage, so, I now flatten the empty tray and fold it in half when it's in the suitcase. Thanks for the great pattern.

upriverla522377 on craftsy.com
upriverla522377  February 26, 2012 9:52 AM

I made this and used it! what a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing!

kraftykat on craftsy.com
kraftykat  February 26, 2012 10:38 AM

So clever! I made one in no time from home dec scraps. It worked wonderfully for keeping things together in the hotel. Thank you!

just 4 me on craftsy.com
just 4 me  April 15, 2012 1:45 PM

This so cool. I usually put my rings and watch in the cap that covers the water glasses in the hotel room. This is so much more versatile for sunglasses other items. Thanks for sharing.

Missmoo4 on craftsy.com
Missmoo4  April 27, 2012 4:30 PM

Has anyone made this with waterproof fabric on the inide? Keen to see if it would hold water, would make a cool portable dog bowl

Spikedfrog on craftsy.com
Spikedfrog  April 30, 2012 0:07 PM

Just made this from fabric from a donated skirt.... thank you!

Aless6 on craftsy.com
Aless6  May 17, 2012 4:50 PM

Fabulous idea! Thank you. Could it be modified so that it could be picked up safely if having to exit a hotel room quickly? That's something I think about when travelling overseas, when I leave my rings beside the bed at night....

AZ Skies on craftsy.com
AZ Skies  May 14, 2014 4:45 PM

I made a few of these years ago, but lost my pattern, it will be nice to make more without needing to deconstruct the one on my dresser.

Miss Patricia on craftsy.com
Miss Patricia  June 22, 2014 7:50 AM

Use plastic canvas for the base. You may or may not be able to stitch across the canvas, depending on your sewing machine, but you could pick it up easily. Edge stitch around the canvas with a zipper foot.

Travel Tray Pattern