from Serger Pepper
PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
Hi! I'm MammaNene @ SergerPepper :)
Let me guide you through this beginner's project where you'll learn sewing many pairs of Basic Leggings (or tights, or even Long Johns or pajama for boys), tested from 15 seamstresses from all around the world (Hi Ladies from The Serger Pepper's Testers Crew!)
For me and my daughter, leggings are always perfect: layer them under skirts or dresses in winter, for added warmth, use them as pants in spring and summer; sew Basic Leggings as they are or change them with colorblocking (link to my tute inside the pattern).
Main features of my Basic Leggings are:
- extra length (tired of handmade leggings becoming too short in no time? Me too! A lot of room for growth, for leggings that cover ankles for more time!)
- extra high back rise: can't look at those naked backs on kids... no more skin flashing out!
- With your purchase you'll have 29 instructions pages, with a step by step photo tutorial full of big pics, for easiest readability.
- Plenty of links to online tutorials and deeper insights.
- Measurements are given in both metric and imperial; choose your size basing on hip measurements, then customize length and/or waistline.
- Refashion suggestions.
- 16 sheets pattern pieces are completely computer-drafted, color coded (and dotted lines too, for a black and white frugal print)with seam allowances included
- Bonus instructions for adding "Back" tags
- No need to hem Basic Leggings, I'm teaching you a "cheat" alternative! (+ links to traditional ways to hem and additional link to resources for sewing with knits)
- Elastic waistband technique: faster (+ links to other way to create elastic waistbands!)
Print only pattern pages you need for your size (see page 5) to save ink, money and some tree too <3 (save the PDF on your tablet, iPad, smartphone, notebook, netbook to keep instructions near you while sewing, and appreciate all the photos with perfect brightness!)
You can print it at home, all the times you want/need (fit on A4 and US Letter sizes printers!).
Support guaranteed lifetime!
If you're in trouble, please ask me for help! You can find me through my blog SergerPepper.com or sending me a personal email at email@example.com
Sizes = Hips
3 yo = 56 cm 22
4 yo = 59 cm 23 1/4
5 yo = 62 cm 32 3/8
6 yo = 65 cm 25 5/8
7 yo = 68 cm 26 3/4
8 yo = 71 cm 28
9 yo = 74 cm 52 3/4
10 yo = 77 cm 30 1/4
11 yo = 80 cm 31 1/2
12 yo = 83 cm 32 5/8
13 yo = 86 cm 33 7/8
14 yo = 89 cm 35
You can find loads of inspiring versions on Serger Pepper's Shared Flickr Board; I'll be delighted to see there Your Version too (http://www.flickr.com/groups/sergerpepper/)
For more beginner's sewing tips, please check my blog SergerPepper.com (PLUS: with our monday's newsletter you'll have two exclusive pdf patterns for FREE!)
You're allowed to sell Basic Leggings sewn using this pattern in Local Fairs or your Etsy shop - please give me credit as the designer, linking to this Craftsy selling page or to SergerPepper.com - you're not allowed to mass produce SBasic Leggings with this pattern.
Re-sale and/or distribution of pattern pieces and instructions is expressly prohibited - please do not forward it to friends, send them here to buy it!
Check my Craftlet for more sewing patterns (and a lot of them are FREE)
Try also my Sheer Plaid Top here on Craftsy
Enjoy it and... Happy Sewing :)
I'm a mom and a seamstress (in my spare time)
I love to sew and share on my lovely blog @ SergerPepper.com
I'm a Pinterest addicted and fabric/pattern hoarder
I never throw out anything, especially fabric scraps :)
I'm a Refashionista because I love to transform pre-loved clothes in other to-be-loved clothes!