Basic Skills Necessary:
- You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
A roomy, sturdy and stylish open tote bag. With a teardrop shape, Ethel veers away from the usual boxy tote. It's a "stuff it in and run out the door" kind of bag, designed to comfortably sling over your shoulder. There are a few slip pockets for the small things.
More photos: www.swoonpatterns.com
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 9.5" wide at top
- 13" wide at bottom
- 5" deep
- 10" tall
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- 2/3 yard 44" wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 3/4 yard 44" wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 1 yard fusible (or sew-in) foam interfacing (Pellon Flex-Foam FF78F1)
- 3 yards 20" wide fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 1/4 yard fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- Coordinating thread