Add your comment:

Liz Ball on craftsy.com
Liz Ball  April 11, 2014 7:26 PM

Did anyone add a handle? I want a handle instead of a tab. Seems like the tabs are more work then they are worth.

rocketdog on craftsy.com
rocketdog  January 8, 2014 7:20 PM

1. Tab problem: I cut these at 2" x 3" so I had something to grip while I sewed them down. (no interfacing either). 2. Try sewing the gussets at 1.5" instead of at 2". My homedec outer fabric was so stiff, it was difficult to sew those gussets.
3. match your out fabric weight to your lining weight. Overall, this was a well-written free tutorial. It turned out as I expected. Those gussets can be done by a beginner but you need to read the directions carefully.

swaylikeme on craftsy.com
swaylikeme  December 15, 2013 6:19 PM

The pattern calls for two 1 by 3 inch pieces for the pull. I believe that it's an error as I did the math from the PDF and saw that the original is a 2 by 3 inch piece. This will really help save fifteen minutes of WTF during the beginning construction. :D

sewandsewsue on craftsy.com
sewandsewsue  September 17, 2013 5:44 AM

I made this last night. I agree with other posters that you need to cut the tabs larger. Pattern was okay, if you hadn't made bags before it would have been quite difficult. I am disappointed with the lack of structure. My bag will only look good when it is stuffed. I would use fusible fleece or soft and stable instead of light interfacing if I made it again.

sanda on craftsy.com
sanda  September 11, 2013 4:52 AM

have just downloaded the pattern, now coms the fun part .... making it. thanks

carrolldsjb on craftsy.com
carrolldsjb  August 5, 2013 9:20 PM

I'm confused on the last step on page 4. What seam am I sewing? It's not really clear to me. Help!

doodlemoochie on craftsy.com
doodlemoochie  August 4, 2013 7:00 PM

I just made this bag today. Some of the instructions seem vague....but FOCUS! I got it together and it is totally cute! I WILL be making more of these!

louisebab163600 on craftsy.com
louisebab163600  May 23, 2013 3:39 AM

Can anyone help I have downloaded pattern but can't seem to get directions? Did it not download I have supply list and all your comments

GeniKnits on craftsy.com
GeniKnits  January 14, 2013 8:40 PM

I am having a lot of trouble figuring out the tabs. Am I supposed to fold lengthwise or widthwise? I did it lengthwise...fold each side toward the middle then folded in half, but it still seems so tiny. Please help me... :/

marilyndm1226601 on craftsy.com
marilyndm1226601  March 5, 2013 8:10 AM

I am having the same trouble as you are. I think that to get the tabs to look like the pattern example pouch, they need to be cut to 2 x 3" rather than 1 x 3" and then follow the directions as written.

Noelwright on craftsy.com
Noelwright  May 1, 2013 2:47 PM

I too had trouble with my tabs so I cut them 3 by 4 inches and folded them opposite of how she said to do it. I like how they turned out. This is a great tutorial by the way!

doodlemoochie on craftsy.com
doodlemoochie  August 4, 2013 6:58 PM

I had trouble with the tabs too. But I just folded them the opposite way and they were great!

Kate Paterson on craftsy.com
Kate Paterson  April 10, 2014 3:35 PM

Thank goodness you all posted! I tried for 10 minutes to figure out the tabs, came on here, and realised the issue!

Happy2Bsewing on craftsy.com
Happy2Bsewing  September 30, 2012 6:37 AM

I followed the instructions carefully but wasn't sure how it would turn out. Then Voila! once I turned it right sides out...it was perfect! Clever design and will make great gifts!!

dnnsvg1770513 on craftsy.com
dnnsvg1770513  September 11, 2012 6:06 AM

Thank you! I received a similar pouch as a gift .... now I can create my own to give as gifts!

No Guts Boxie Pouch Pattern