from Thais Bags
PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
Margaret(tm)s Cross Body Bag is a versatile sewing pattern to make your own personalized cross body bag.
You have 3 sizes options; kids, teens and grown-ups. You also have 3 different styles of strap; with metal rings, just a simple strap or an adjustable strap by 2 half rings (D shapes). And finally you have 2 different designs for the bag itself; gathered or pleated.
You can mix the details to make your own style by adjusting the measurements for each style and size.
The basic designs provided in this tutorial are:
- For children: small bag with 2 half metal rings that allow adjusting the length of the strap for fast growing up children.
- For teens: medium size bag with a simple strap.
- For grown-ups: medium size bag with one metal ring on each size that adds a special detail while makes the strap longer.
- Gathered bag: the fabric gathers at the top on front and back.
- Pleated bag: there is a big pleat in the middle of the bag on front and back.
The PDF file includes:
- Pattern: fully scaled computer drafted pattern.
- Table of measurements: some pieces are just rectangles and don't need a pattern so I provide the exact measurement for you to cut them.
- Instructions on how to assemble the pieces of the pattern.
- List of materials and yardage needed
- Table of final measurements.
- Instructions on how to cut the pieces.
- Tutorial: a step-by-step tutorial with easy and clear instructions and color photos.
You can use this tutorial to make bags for sell on handmade business. It is prohibited to copy or redistribute any part of this tutorial and pattern