KnottyGirl Boho Bag

from RedLabel Patterns

Add your comment:

mtnqltg1110620 on craftsy.com
mtnqltg1110620  January 18, 2014 0:16 PM

I'm truly impressed with the instructions. I've been sewing for lots of years and I believe these are the clearest instructions I've ever seen. They're even color coded by phase. I'm still working on my first bag, and am looking forward to the finished product.

RedLabel  January 24, 2014 3:25 PM

Wow, this comment really made my day! I'm so glad you find the tutorial easy-to-use, there's nothing worse that being frustrated in the middle of a project! :-) I can't wait to see how your bag turns out!

tripletware on craftsy.com
tripletware  November 18, 2013 10:00 AM

I just added mine and my sister's bags to the finished projects. We love this pattern! The only thing we changed -- we added 7/16" grommets instead of buttonholes. Buttonholes and I don't get along :)

Thank you for a wonderful pattern.

LeannePierce on craftsy.com
LeannePierce  October 12, 2013 10:07 PM

I have just recieved some cow hide, do you think it is possible to make a cow hide bag from this design?

RedLabel  October 18, 2013 6:50 PM

I'm not sure, Leanne...I've never worked with cow hide before (other than hand sewing). I'm assuming that if it is thin/soft and has a decent drape, it would be possible with the appropriate machine and needles. Would be interesting to see how it turned out. :-)

LeannePierce on craftsy.com
LeannePierce  October 24, 2013 11:58 PM

I have tried with a basic pattern before attemping the knotty bag. But not sure how to post a pic here :(

pshawverb1274428 on craftsy.com
pshawverb1274428  July 24, 2013 5:23 AM

hi! i have made a lot of these and love them! my email said there is a change in the pattern, what is it?

RedLabel  July 24, 2013 10:52 AM

The pattern and measurements should never change, even if you see an update posted. I just finally went ahead and fixed a few spelling/grammar issues that were bugging me. :-) There is no need to re-download, you are good to go!

LottieKate on craftsy.com
LottieKate  July 13, 2013 0:33 PM

Favorite Bag in My Closet! Thanks a million! Had a blast designing and sewing this project and already have many, many more in the works!

RedLabel  July 16, 2013 10:21 PM

WHooohHoooo!! So stoked you had fun and love your creation!

luciasega1371843-0 on craftsy.com
luciasega1371843-0  June 30, 2013 9:11 PM

Love this bag. Wonderful instructions. My one concern is the straps are thin and I worry they won't hold too much weight??

RedLabel  July 16, 2013 10:13 PM

So glad you love it!! As long as you make the button holes the size indicated in the pattern (they almost seem crazy small when you are stitching 'em), you shouldn't have any problems with the knots pulling through or the button holes stretching. If you are extra worried or carry weighty load daily, you could add some fray check to the buttonholes and make sure they are tightly stitched. Hope that helps!!

Peg Gonzalez on craftsy.com
Peg Gonzalez  June 20, 2013 11:10 AM

Has anyone put inside pockets in the mini bag?

RedLabel  July 16, 2013 10:20 PM

I have seen a few examples of adding pockets to the minis. The process is the same as the other sizes. When cutting the fabric for the interior pockets, just use the measurements for the inner body piece and reduce the height by an inch or two (adjust to your liking)....cut 4. Hope that helps!

mreedhead on craftsy.com
mreedhead  June 19, 2013 9:44 AM

I really want to download this one but my cart isn't working. I messaged tech support but nothing is fixed yet. I plan on making a teacher gift.

RedLabel  July 16, 2013 10:02 PM

I hope they were able to help!!

sarawears1489286 on craftsy.com
sarawears1489286  May 19, 2013 1:24 PM

I got an email saying there was an update to this pattern to download. What's was changed?

RedLabel  May 19, 2013 3:04 PM

Never fear if you receive an update notification. :-) The pattern measurements and printable pieces have been throughly tested and should never need updating. The photo tutorial included with the pattern will be updated on an ongoing basis to incorporate any feedback or clarify any of the photo tutorial steps. Hope that helps...and please come back and share any feedback and photos of your finished projects! :-)

sarawears1489286 on craftsy.com
sarawears1489286  May 20, 2013 1:04 AM

Ok..thanks! I haven't started on my first bag yet..this week tho :)

RedLabel  May 20, 2013 3:26 PM

YAY! Can't wait to hear how it goes! :-) If you have any questions or feedback please don't hesitate to drop me a line anytime!

bonniesli1305154 on craftsy.com
bonniesli1305154  July 10, 2013 3:39 PM

I wish you would offer kits!!! My fabric looks so boring beside what you make!! Pretty Please???? Bonnie Nyquist bonniesline@aol.com Plan to order when I pout tiogether some better fabric combos. Mind do not sing..yet....

RedLabel  July 16, 2013 10:05 PM

HAHA, awesome idea, Bonnie! If you are on Facebook, come visit the Knotty Girl B/S/T & Inspiration group...everyone will be happy to help give you some ideas or help you sort through fabric combos! https://www.facebook.com/groups/KnottyGirlBST/

MandyKDesigns on craftsy.com
MandyKDesigns  May 19, 2013 0:40 PM

I love this bag! I made it as a gift and it was LOVED!!

RedLabel  July 16, 2013 10:06 PM

Whoohoo!!!

Skip Hop Sew on craftsy.com
Skip Hop Sew  May 19, 2013 11:35 AM

Very easy to use instructions and great bag! I highly recommend this.

1610 on craftsy.com
1610  November 6, 2013 0:31 AM

I have just purchased it hope the down load and pattern is easy to size up as didn't realise it was a download :-(((

RedLabel  November 10, 2013 11:00 AM

1610, hopefully you were able to download the pattern easily after your purchase. If not, here is a ilnk to some helpful hints on downloading a copy from your pattern library here on Craftsy (just copy and paste the URL below into your browser).

Howiesmom on craftsy.com
Howiesmom  May 19, 2013 10:48 AM

Love this bag! I get so many compliments when I carry it around. I love that this pattern comes in several sizes! Make sure to post your finished projects here! I can't get enough of the prints people choose to make these beautiful totes/hobos/purses/carryalls/diaper bags/beach bags! Well you get the idea! Happy sewing!

KnottyGirl Boho Bag Pattern