Basic Skills Necessary:
- If you can cut and sew a straight line, this pattern will take you step by step through the process of making your own Fancy Beach Bag
This Fancy Beach Bag is large enough to carry lots of towels, snacks and toys for a day at the beach. It is made from outdoor canvas, and interfaced, so it is a sturdy bag that will stand up on it's own. This bag is fully lined, and has one inside pocket, and three mesh pockets on the outside. The pattern was designed to use fabric efficiently, so the scraps left over from cutting are small.
I was inspired by the traditional canvas boat totes, and the fabulous selection of outdoor canvas fabrics available in fabric stores this spring.
The pattern pdf file is ten pages of detailed instructions, including color photos and diagrams to help you get started making your own!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 1/2 yard Polyester outdoor canvas, 54" wide, for front and back of bag (Main Fabric)
- 1 1/4 yards Polyester outdoor canvas, 54" wide, for handles, base, and lining (Contrast Fabric)
- 2/3 yard Dcor Bond fusible interfacing, 44" wide
- 1/4 yard Peltex interfacing, fusible on one side, 22" wide
- 30" x 9" piece of fiberglass window screen mesh (typically comes in a package, 36" x 84")
- Thread to match contrast fabric
You Will Also Need:
- Iron for fusing interfacings
- Sewing Machine