Basic Skills Necessary:
- Sewing straight seams, back-stitching (and when to use) with a sewing machine. (standard sewing skills)
- Pressing with an iron to fold in seam allowances.
- Experience using fusible interfacing or fusible fleece is helpful but not required.
My little daughter requested these "ear headbands". They are perfect for keeping hair out of kids' eyes, or just for playing dress up. This pattern/template includes 2 template pages and 6 instruction pages, with over 30 color pictures.
A toddler and child size template is provided.
Please note that these headbands are not a toy, and children should always be supervised while wearing them.
You're welcome to make ear headbands and sell them (no mass production though please) if you purchase this pattern and credit Snugglebug University for the design. Unfortunately I cannot offer refunds on this pattern because of it's digital nature, but I am more than happy to clarify any questions you might have via email, at snugglebuguniversity(at)gmail.com
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- This pattern includes a toddler (for about a 2 year old) template and a child template. The child size fits my head snuggly, as an adult with a relatively small head.
- Instructions are provided for sizing the toddler template down for a more petite child.
- Basic sewing machine with regular presser foot.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Scissors for cutting fabric and paper
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- Tiny amounts of Fusible Fleece (optional). It is used to give the ears more support so that they can stand up on their own better.
- Lightweight fabric for the headband, with a contrasting color for the center of the ears.
- Tiny amount of 1/4 inch elastic, about 5 inches.