Honey Honey is inspired by the hexagon shape of a beehive and a similarity with the classic Wedding Rings quiltpattern. Honey oh honey, where art thou?
This is a foundation pieced pattern (paper pieced).
- The pattern consists of one block that is made up of 4 units.
- 1 block is 10 x 10 inches.
- You need to construct 4 blocks (16 units) to create the pillow
- The illusion of the hexagon weave is only visible with the minimum of 4 blocks.
You have the freedom to keep it small (20 x 20 inches) or go bigger! What a showstopper it will be!
You can also create a Honey Honey quilt that looks even more impressive; a diamond shape set in the lattice work.
The paper piecing (foundation piecing) of the several parts of the pattern is relativly easy (difficulty level 2 or 3 stars out of 5). Piecing the pattern pieces together might be a bit more tricky as you need to turn the parts. (4 stars out of 5). The pdf file contains clear diagrams on how to turn the parts and blocks.
The pdf file also contains the following:
- Several layout options, including a variation on the pattern
- Several pages with color options to consider. The examples can help you decide which areas of the pattern you would like to emphasize with color, value or pattern.
- Coloring pages. Of course you can also think up your own colour combinations. You can try them out on the colouring page.
- Pattern drawings with seam allowances.
The pdf file contains 37 pages of patterns, coloring pages and coloring options.
The pattern works best with solid fabrics or non-directional fabrics.
The pdf file DOES NOT contain paper piecing instuctions!
The pdf file DOES NOT contain information on how much afbric you need.
To get an impression of what my pdf files look like, try one of my free patterns like "Star collection - Freedom" or "Star collection - Wish"
Good luck and lots of fun making this Honey Honey pattern!
I am a full time Art teacher from the Netherlands. I love quilting and designing patterns, hoarding fabric, spreading loose pieces of thread through out my house and turning out beautiful ...
I am a full time Art teacher from the Netherlands. I love quilting and designing patterns, hoarding fabric, spreading loose pieces of thread through out my house and turning out beautiful patterns and quilts!