Daffodil Paper Pieced Block

from Piece By Number

Add your comment:

quiltingemily on craftsy.com
quiltingemily  July 3, 2013 9:21 AM

I think I am going to use this for a mosaic with glass.

honnahsews on craftsy.com
honnahsews  June 29, 2013 4:50 PM

I have an iPad and I can't get the page to come in right for the daffodil.any suggestions

PieceByNumber on craftsy.com
PieceByNumber  July 7, 2013 4:34 AM

Try another computer maybe? Or are you not adding it to your Pattern Library before trying to open it? Even though it's free you still have to put it in your cart and complete the process before it's added to your library. Hope this helps!

MomsFun on craftsy.com
MomsFun  April 28, 2013 0:53 AM

I just taught my two daughters how to paper piece using this pattern. They were amazed @ how nice they looked when they finished!

JahSinger on craftsy.com
JahSinger  May 2, 2013 9:03 PM

Yes!!!! We were! Thanks mom! I've made 5 of these so far. This one piece has made me addicted to paper piecing!!!! Exactly what kind of sewing I was looking for. Something where I can create a quilt, one block at a time.

PieceByNumber on craftsy.com
PieceByNumber  May 10, 2013 9:01 AM

So glad to hear of your success as a beginner with the Daffodil pattern. I saw your finished project photos, and you did a super job -- well done! Hope you're inspired to keep going with paper piecing :-)

Francesro1409627 on craftsy.com
Francesro1409627  April 21, 2013 4:47 PM

Why are no directions given? How can a beginner do this?

PieceByNumber on craftsy.com
PieceByNumber  April 26, 2013 2:36 AM

Basic paper piecing instructions aren't included in my patterns because there are so many great tutorials available on the web. On my website links page, you will find my favorites: http://piecebynumber.com/links.htm

There are also good video instructions on YouTube -- I particularly like the Paper Piecing Made Easy Tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uaW26igygE&list=FLU0NS54Nr_xJ4ttQpdmT9ng&index=1&feature=plpp_video

The Daffodil is not a basic beginner's block because of the rather unusual shapes and angles. For a first-time paper piecing block I recommend a simple Log Cabin or Pineapple block to learn the basics. After completing one or two such simple blocks, then the Daffodil would be an interesting next step.

goofyrufi517216 on craftsy.com
goofyrufi517216  August 15, 2012 10:42 AM

How can I get the instructions? Love it!

loxsis on craftsy.com
loxsis  February 4, 2013 7:56 PM

I have just the quilt to put this one in--Thank-you

benita_va36266 on craftsy.com
benita_va36266  April 19, 2012 6:37 PM

DAFFODILS ARE MY FAVORITE SPRING FLOWER. I PLAN ON DOING THIS QUILT PROJECT.

Daffodil Paper Pieced Block Pattern