Basic Skills Necessary:
- Use fusible web
- Sew 1/4" seams to create a border
- Finish edges on applique pieces
- Complete the quilt
- This pattern is only the top
Great wall quilt for a kid's room! Add more borders and make it for their bed.
This pattern is so easy there are no instructions! Only a few hints. :)
That's why it is called a puzzle quilt, you figure it out.
This pattern is how to make the quilt top only, not the completed quilt.
It is the perfect chance for someone to try applique. The applique pieces are very large and finishing the edges only takes a zigzag stitch.
This is an opportunity to piece and applique all in one! If you want a larger quilt top, simply add more borders.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Background fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Border blocks (tan) , 1/8 yd.
- Border blocks (green), 1/8 yd.
- Border blocks (blue) , 1/8 yd
- Lion paw prints (brown) , 6"x6"
- Elephant foot prints (gold) , 6"x12"
- Zebra hoof prints (burnt orange) , 5"x7"
- Giraffe (green), 10"x12"
- Zebra (light orange), 7"x7"
- Leopard (pink), 5"x12"
- Lion (tan), 8"x8"
- Elephant (purple), 11"x14"
- All eyes & noses (black), 4"x4"
- Fusible web (17"), 1 yd.
- Stabilizer, 1 yd.
You Will Also Need:
- Batting, 28"x22"
- Backing fabric, 28"x22"
- Binding fabric
- Rotary cutter