Valentine Hearts Mug Rug

from The Patchsmith

Add your comment:

Maggs7777 on craftsy.com
Maggs7777  January 10, 2014 11:37 AM

is your templates the correct size or do we have to enlarge them they seem small for an 8 1/2 by 4 mug rug...I could be wrong thanks tweetpe73@shaw.ca thanks

Maggs7777 on craftsy.com
Maggs7777  January 10, 2014 11:41 AM

I guess by the time you add your borders etc it will be bigger....what is the size finished...sorry for being such a bug just purchased a couple of your mug rugs very cute, want to do more of what you have. thanks

The Patchsmith on craftsy.com
The Patchsmith  January 11, 2014 1:13 AM

Hi Maggs,
The template should print to the correct size - there is no need to enlarge. On my later patterns there is a print-check box but on the earlier ones there isn't. However, there is an easy way to check the print size - measure the outer box on the applique sheet - it should match exactly with the mug rug size stated on the front page of the pattern i.e. the outer box on Valentines Hearts should measure 8.5" x 4.5". Mug rugs vary in size and can seem small especially if you make one after making larger quilts. If I can help in any way then please do not hesitate to email me at thepatchsmith@gmail.com or post a comment here and I will respond. Regards, Amanda

The Patchsmith on craftsy.com
The Patchsmith  January 11, 2014 1:15 AM

The 'outer box measure' applies to the earlier patterns that do not have a print-check-box on the applique sheet. One day I hope to get around to updating the earlier patterns and adding the print-check-box.

Feebs on craftsy.com
Feebs  February 15, 2014 6:26 AM

I loved the pattern, but after making it the first time I decided that I wanted it wider. I simply added another row of patchwork blocks and re-centered the hearts.

The Patchsmith on craftsy.com
The Patchsmith  February 15, 2014 10:01 AM

This is an excellent idea. You could also enlarge the hearts on the print screen by selecting 150% in the 'custom size' box (in the Page Sizing and Handling section) and printing just the applique page. The whole page wont fit on one sheet but you will get a whole heart to trace and use.

Missy JJ on craftsy.com
Missy JJ  February 28, 2013 4:37 PM

I love this it is so pretty can't wait to make one.

Miffy on craftsy.com
Miffy  January 30, 2013 1:20 PM

Love this little quilted piece of Art :)

ellenbroc1160445 on craftsy.com