Stained glass quilt designed by Bob

from Sew 4 Fun

Add your comment:

Loolo on craftsy.com
Loolo  June 17, 2014 6:46 AM

Greetings Pam, does this pattern include yardage amount requirements and cutting instructions for cutting from basic yardage of fabric instead of fat quarters, jelly rolls, etc? I cut from yardage of fabric.

Loolo on craftsy.com
Loolo  June 17, 2014 7:17 AM

Or does anyone know the answer to my question? Thanks

Diana Segura on craftsy.com
Diana Segura  March 14, 2014 1:25 PM

Does anyone know why it calls for black homespun cotton? What is the advantage to that? THis is only my second quilt.

KLM58 on craftsy.com
KLM58  March 10, 2014 4:47 PM

My daughter chose this for the quilt I'm going to make for her. While the pattern seems fairly simple to follow, I can see where there might be some confusion with the 32 strips of black fabric. I think including what I know as "sub-cutting" instructions, would help that. An example: Block B - Cut 12, 9 x 1 1/2 inch strips.
I've completed one block and really like how it turned out. I'm making a total of 24 blocks and will use the leftover fabric to complete the border. I will attemtp to upload it once I get it finished.

Loolo on craftsy.com
Loolo  June 17, 2014 6:41 AM

Did you cut from basic yardage of fabric instead of fat quarters, jelly rolls, etc?

quiltygirlygirl on craftsy.com
quiltygirlygirl  February 22, 2014 6:20 AM

This looks exactly like the cover quilt pattern from the October 2011 issue of Quilters World Magazine (it was called Asian Scrappy Road there)...

Pam Yeomans  February 27, 2014 11:58 PM

I have never seen that magazine we have been selling this pattern since early 2009 maybe someone has pirated it

scoopy101277260 on craftsy.com
scoopy101277260  January 24, 2014 10:50 AM

It would be helpful if the changes were noted in the newer version.

Pam Yeomans  January 29, 2014 6:17 PM

Only the cover sheet has changed to show sizes.

Marilyn Francis on craftsy.com
Marilyn Francis  January 24, 2014 9:18 AM

What is the difference between this pattern and the Easy Stained glass pattern (i.e., the green bordered one you have shown)? Are the finished sizes the same?

Pam Yeomans  January 29, 2014 6:18 PM

Nothing they are the same, but look totally different using different colour schemes

jlr0392513187 on craftsy.com
jlr0392513187  January 23, 2014 9:05 AM

I have had this pattern long enough to pick out fabric and lay out the design. I hope mine comes out as beautiful as the ones shown here.

mpepper31662057 on craftsy.com
mpepper31662057  December 31, 2013 9:14 PM

I am a beginner quilter can anyone tell me the difficulty of this before I purchase it? I have downloaded patterns before that said was supposed to be easy, but I found that not to be the case. Thanks!

Pam Yeomans  January 29, 2014 6:18 PM

this is very easy and if you have a question you can always email me.

dragnbead953824 on craftsy.com
dragnbead953824  October 25, 2013 3:25 PM

well, the link I followed didn't say anything about COST -- sheesh.
or that you have to JOIN another group...

eyeztodie223701 on craftsy.com
eyeztodie223701  October 26, 2013 8:34 AM

I agree- it could have at least listed the price

Pam Yeomans  November 15, 2013 3:17 PM

it is cheaper on Craftsy to download or you can purchase a hard copy from sew4fun.com.au for $10

quiltingf39551 on craftsy.com
quiltingf39551  October 24, 2013 5:46 PM

I just purchased this pattern, not realizing it was a download. I do not have a working printer. Is it possible for you to mail this pattern to me? Nancy A.

Moonwytch on craftsy.com
Moonwytch  October 25, 2013 5:50 AM

All the patterns I've bought or looked at on Craftsy are download only. I'm sure the cost of the patterns takes in to account the fact that the sellers don't have to buy printing ink and paper or pay for p&p. The pattern should be in your pattern file on your account. You should be able to print it off from a friends computer if you log into Craftsy or your local library may have printing facilities.

prriggen on craftsy.com
prriggen  August 26, 2013 7:38 PM

Wow. Beautiful. I love stained glass and quilts and this is a wonderful representation of both. Well done.

Sigquilts@gmail.com on craftsy.com
Sigquilts@gmail.com  August 1, 2013 9:50 PM

Very pretty.

Debbie LH on craftsy.com
Debbie LH  June 5, 2013 1:49 PM

Wow, what a beautiful pattern, I love it! Plan on buying the pattern soon :)

smboyas on craftsy.com
smboyas  May 20, 2013 5:54 PM

I finished my top quilt. My daughter wanted me to use some
of her old t-shirts for the back. it's all sandwiched. I'm scared to actually quilt it! What do you suggest? I've only hand quilted my finished quilts. This one is about 75 x 90. I want to finish on my machine...

quilting susie on craftsy.com
quilting susie  May 23, 2013 10:11 PM

I wanted to finish my daughters on my machine but then decided to tat it. Used all kinds of dmc floss which was fun and also wrote little things on her quilt. Like; I love you; the entire song You are My Sunshine and other little notes on it. On the front and back. This way with her living in NYC she will always know I love her and this will be with her forever. I'm so glad i did that too. Enjoy quilting your beautiful quilt.

Pam Yeomans  July 12, 2013 4:10 PM

The quilt sounds beautiful but I would be a little concerned with tee shirt material, as I mentioned the black fabric

must not twist..

Loolo on craftsy.com
Loolo  June 17, 2014 6:53 AM

The tee shirt material framed in black sashing and sandwiched with woven cotton fabric plus Warm and White batting did fine with my mid arm quilter via fmq. I used coats and Clark dual duty all purpose polyester thread, ball point needles or jersey needles (sizes 14 or 16), and loosened my tension a bit because the thread and needle need a little extra thread and room to pull thru the knit. Oh I slowed my pace a bit too.

Loolo on craftsy.com
Loolo  June 17, 2014 7:16 AM

One more thing--I used 505 spray adhesive to keep the sandwiched pieces from shifting. The spray is gentle to the environment, doesn't gum up my needles or machine, the pieces can be readjusted, and spray washes right out. Just don't spray around your machines. Also, I quilted with tee material facing upward because I thought the very pliable tee material might get pushed into the hole of the needle plate if the tee material faces downward or is in direct contact with the needle plate so I could keep an eye on it.

snicholas1405552 on craftsy.com
snicholas1405552  April 22, 2013 9:39 AM

Just purchased this and plan on starting it today. I needed a quick, easy pattern and this certainly fits the bill. I just love this design, thank you so much for putting it on Craftsy and selling it.

Wepa55 on craftsy.com
Wepa55  April 5, 2013 8:20 AM

Very beautiful...plan to purchase the pattern.

TSemmler on craftsy.com
TSemmler  March 20, 2013 7:39 PM

beautiful quilt

smboyas on craftsy.com
smboyas  March 12, 2013 4:29 PM

I just made my first square. I've only made simple 9 patch quilts before and never had anything like the black strips in your quilt. when i started sewing one set of squares would end up smaller than the next. I quickly realized that's what should happen. When I connected the two sides to the middle vertical strip I didn't line up horizontal strip. It looks like if I line up the horizontal strips the top will be very short. I actually like the way it looks but once I get a full square complete should it be fairly square or will some of the pieces be off a little?
I will up load my first square to craftsy.I cut everything as specified but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with my piecing,

Pam Yeomans  March 12, 2013 11:28 PM

If you do accurate 1/4"seams and follow the directions there should be no difference in the two sides of the block. I always make the quilts before I load the patterns for sale and in this case I have made two quilts with no problem so I am not quite sure what you have done to make them different.

quilting susie on craftsy.com
quilting susie  May 23, 2013 10:13 PM

I remember doing my first 9" square quilt. It will help you so much when you do other quilts. Enjoy

xtcinla on craftsy.com
xtcinla  March 8, 2013 6:45 AM

I've never quilted before and would love to try this pattern as my first quilt. Since I don't know what I'm doing, I'm confused about fat quarters. This says it takes 12 fat quarters (one for each block of colors), but when I look into fat quarters, they are a single piece of fabric (and there are much more than 12 different fabrics here), so is it really 12 "sets" of fat quarters with each set containing at least "x" different fabrics?
Thank you in advance for all of your help :)

smboyas on craftsy.com
smboyas  March 9, 2013 8:34 AM

It takes 12 cut up fat quarters. So if you buy a bunch of fat quarters in the colors you want then cut them into the different sizes you will have enough to mix and match for you quilt. The quilt shown probably used scraps from other quilts she had made. I bought about 30 fat quarters from Jo anns (on sale) and have so much fabric left over I'm going to make a second one for my sister in law. Disclaimer: This is the first time I've made this quilt.

smboyas on craftsy.com
smboyas  March 9, 2013 8:36 AM

Sorry, I realized I didn't completely explain. You can buy single fat quarters or packs of them. You only need 12 total this pattern.

quilting susie on craftsy.com
quilting susie  May 23, 2013 10:13 PM

Thats so good to hear. I want to do this one and plan on getting the pattern too.

Sarah709 on craftsy.com
Sarah709  March 4, 2013 10:03 AM

Im a new quilter so forgive me for having to ask this question (rolling eyes at self) but what size is the finished block? I've read the pattern and gotten two different numbers. Somehow Ive managed to confuse myself like you would not believe! LOL Thank you and again sorry to have to ask the obvious!!

smboyas on craftsy.com
smboyas  March 9, 2013 8:29 AM

each block should end up 15" square.

ktmdl1379049 on craftsy.com
ktmdl1379049  July 12, 2013 2:15 PM

I too come up with two different numbers. If I add blocks A, M, and F. It is 16.5" But then I add blocks A, M, H, I, and J it comes to 17.5". As near as I can tell those blocks added together should be the same. I'm a novice at making quilts so I am not ever really sure about what I'm doing, so I double check the patterns and then wonder if my figures are correct. Should blocks F and L really be 6.5" instead? I'm anxious to start. My son picked this pattern for his wedding quilt. It's lovely!

ktmdl1379049 on craftsy.com
ktmdl1379049  July 13, 2013 11:22 AM

Ok my hubby is an estimator and I knew he would be able to figure out what I was calculating wrong and he did! I was only calculating in one quarter inch seam instead of two. I know that might not make sense to anyone but the pattern works out, and I didn't want to leave anyone with a negative take on this pattern.

smboyas on craftsy.com
smboyas  March 3, 2013 4:40 PM

I just cut out all of my color blocks. I'm making this for my 14 year old daughter, I've only make a few 9 square quilts before so I'm excited to try something more challenging. I've added one row on the side and bottom to fit her bed. I can't wait to share my progress!

Jenny Reynoso on craftsy.com
Jenny Reynoso  March 2, 2013 11:33 PM

Just bought the pattern...can't wait to begin! I'm already in love with it.

Sarah709 on craftsy.com
Sarah709  March 2, 2013 10:00 PM

What jaw dropping pretty pattern!! I just bought it and I can't wait to try it. I usually make quilts for everyone else but not this quilt! I'm going to make it and KEEP for my hubby and I. LOL I'm not even going to show this to my daughter! :o)

SmokyMtnCrafter on craftsy.com
SmokyMtnCrafter  March 16, 2013 5:50 PM

same here

Christine Mott on craftsy.com
Christine Mott  June 26, 2013 10:03 AM

Lovely!

Megan Scott on craftsy.com
Megan Scott  September 2, 2012 8:29 PM

I am really confused by this pattern.
"Cut 32 by 1 inch strips across black fabric ( Blocks B, D,E,G,I, K and M)" how many 32 x 1 1/2 inch strips do I cut and why does it have to be 32 all the lengths of those blocks are different.
"Cut 8 by 2 inch strips across fabric for outside binding" How many strips of the binding do I need? Do I use the same black fabric as I use for the blocks?
"Cut 7 of 6 inch lengths across fabric for final border." 6 1/2 inches x What? How wide does it need to be?

Megan Scott on craftsy.com
Megan Scott  September 2, 2012 9:37 PM

That comment sounded mean! I didn't mean it to be! I finally found the seller's e-mail address and contacted her for help.

Pam Yeomans  September 4, 2012 4:09 PM

The pattern is really self explanatory Megan I hope my email to you clarified it for you.

Because on craftsy.com
Because  March 6, 2013 1:42 PM

Could you email me your response to Megan's comment. I am a little confused.

Pam Yeomans  March 13, 2013 0:30 PM

If you need help please email me, I always send an email to my buyers so you should have my email address

Sigquilts@gmail.com on craftsy.com
Sigquilts@gmail.com  August 1, 2013 9:51 PM

Very nice Bob. I am partial to Quilts like this.

smboyas on craftsy.com
smboyas  March 12, 2013 4:41 PM

hope this works

o.durepos1191011 on craftsy.com
o.durepos1191011  February 3, 2013 4:23 PM

Is this quilt as you go ?

Pam Yeomans  February 6, 2013 0:30 AM

no it is simple joining then adding the three layers together before either quilting or stitch in the ditching.

satin_n_lace on craftsy.com
satin_n_lace  January 31, 2013 8:52 AM

Wow Bob thats a smashing quilt....it's breath taking .I'v just started to quilt....when Im done the one Im doing I'll give it a bash....Canada 's winter hasn;t been nice this year ...... does this pattern make a queen or king size bed lovie...thank you Julie

Pam Yeomans  February 6, 2013 0:29 AM

This is around the size for a double bed but could easily be adapted to make it larger. regards Pam

pdallege975777 on craftsy.com
pdallege975777  January 1, 2013 6:21 PM

Here's the one I made from the pattern :-) [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/Quilting1/ChurchQuilt11_zps75cd0cd1.jpg[/IMG]

Pam Yeomans  January 7, 2013 1:29 PM

I am not able to view it via this link, have you uploaded it to Crfatsy

Pam Yeomans  January 7, 2013 1:30 PM

sorry typo Craftsy

Vicki Walker on craftsy.com
Vicki Walker  February 3, 2013 9:50 AM

Gorgeous quilt! You did a fantastic job!!

Copy and paste this link, Pam. You should be able to see it.

Purple Cat on craftsy.com
Purple Cat  February 15, 2013 10:06 AM

It's beautiful!

Quilter649 on craftsy.com
Quilter649  September 20, 2013 0:26 AM

Yes, copying and pasting the link works and it's BEAUTIFUL!

bjcollins555341 on craftsy.com
bjcollins555341  December 4, 2012 10:13 AM

Very beautiful!! Thank you for making the pattern available.

Pennygal4u on craftsy.com
Pennygal4u  November 30, 2012 8:33 AM

I absolutely love this pattern! Does the quilt pattern include instructions for the table runner?

Pam Yeomans  December 1, 2012 0:55 AM

The table runner is a separate pattern I have priced these so they are affordable for everyone

MzSuzee on craftsy.com
MzSuzee  November 30, 2012 6:28 AM

Just purchased this pattern and can not wait to get it started...such a beautiful pattern...

Because on craftsy.com
Because  November 27, 2012 1:09 PM

Just ordered the pattern cannot wait to try it!

Julie P. on craftsy.com
Julie P.  November 5, 2012 9:26 AM

Can anyone tell me what size the largest squares are so I will know if the fabric I already have in mind to use will work or not? The scraps won't be a problem just need to know how large the biggest sqyaures are. Thank you!

Pam Yeomans  November 19, 2012 3:14 AM

If you have pieces about 11"square you 'will be fine

Julie P. on craftsy.com
Julie P.  November 20, 2012 10:36 PM

Thanks so much. My fabric should be just fine. Looking forward to getting started as soon as Christmas is over. Love this pattern.

Trish<3Quilts on craftsy.com
Trish<3Quilts  October 20, 2012 10:38 AM

I think I need to do this and give it to my husband as a Christmas gift :)

ceniebug941851 on craftsy.com
ceniebug941851  October 19, 2012 4:24 PM

It says, 12 fat quarters, but I see many more than 12 fabrics in this photo. Please advise, thanks ;)

Pam Yeomans  October 20, 2012 1:17 AM

You can use all different fabrics from your stash as I have done or you can just use one fat quarter to each completed colour block.

Hannah G. on craftsy.com
Hannah G.  October 15, 2012 7:35 AM

Love this pattern! It's so gorgeous!!!!!!
Maybe I will give it a try after I finish the lap quilt I'm working on right now.

DelSur on craftsy.com
DelSur  October 12, 2012 1:13 PM

It's so beautiful that i can't wait to do it myself!!! It truly brings to mind the cathedrals of Europe. Absolutely gorgeous!

Deena on craftsy.com
Deena  October 4, 2012 10:29 AM

This is sooo beautiful - I can't wait to make one too!

queenliis205527 on craftsy.com
queenliis205527  October 3, 2012 11:44 PM

I love the look of this quilt, it's beautiful!

cassier4595@hotmail.com on craftsy.com
cassier4595@hotmail.com  September 20, 2012 10:58 PM

I just Love this with top. I recently finished a donation Asian fabric quilt top and couldn't be happier. I just.might have to tackle this one.

Pam Yeomans  September 21, 2012 3:38 PM

Trudy if you need any help just email, I can't wait to see your quilt, regards Pam

Stained glass quilt designed by Bob Pattern