Add your comment:

kidzintun3257124 on craftsy.com
kidzintun3257124  March 20, 2014 5:17 PM

I was intrigued with your sea glass pattern. I have a wonderful friend who collects sea glass on Lake Eric, near Cleveland. She will LOVE this wall hanging, and the colors are perfect for the sea glass she has collected.

Talk of the Town  March 21, 2014 3:49 PM

Thanks so much for your comments! I'm glad it made you think of your friend.

reneejper0 on craftsy.com
reneejper0  February 24, 2014 11:42 AM

I LOVE this pattern! I just purchased it - I plan to make two of these in a twin-bed size...I believe I will just spread the flowers out as they are written in the pattern, but do you happen to know how much of the "top," "binding," and "backing" fabric I would need for a twin-size (roughly 39"x75")? THANKS for a great pattern and for your help!

reneejper0 on craftsy.com
reneejper0  February 24, 2014 11:50 AM

Sorry - the dimensions for the twin size I'd like to convert it to is 54"x90"!

Talk of the Town  March 2, 2014 9:41 AM

Oh boy, it's been a long time since I made a twin quilt. I think the best people to ask would be a quilt shop. But just doing some research online it looks like you would need 5 1/4 yards for the front and back based on 45" width. This would need to be pieced together. It looks like you would need 1/2 yard for binding at 2 inches. But, only use my dimensions as a guide! It would be best to ask a quilt shop.

Hope this helps! Would love to see your project when you have finished.

Margaret Chicka on craftsy.com
Margaret Chicka  January 15, 2014 8:09 PM

I bought the pattern and made the quilt for my newborn niece. I used almost all of the same fabrics listed in the original pattern because I loved the colors so much. I'm a beginner and it took me longer to do the hand quilting than I had expected, but it was well worth the time and effort. It turned out just beautifully and I love it! Thanks for such a creative design!

Talk of the Town  January 20, 2014 2:36 PM

Oh wow, for some reason these comments are not coming to my email anymore. I'm sorry I never saw this until today.

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear you love the pattern. The hand quilting take me quite a while as well, but it's a nice project while traveling or watching TV etc. I would love to see how your quilt turned out!

Talk of the Town  January 20, 2014 2:44 PM

I see your project Margaret. I am TOTALLY impressed. I love it.

Carwoola on craftsy.com
Carwoola  January 29, 2014 3:05 PM

I think my comment has not arrived in your inbox either :-( so I'll try this way. I recently bought your pattern and just wanted to double check that I sandwich the layers and then blanket stitch the appliqu? (I'm a bit of a newbie and other the appliqu quilt I did required the appliqu to be stitched first and then sandwiched together and then shadow quilted.

I hope my question makes sense - I love your pattern!

Talk of the Town  February 13, 2014 7:12 AM

Yes, I made the quilt sandwich then blanket stitched around the petals. However, if you are more comfortable with doing the machine appliqu without the batting and quilt back you could certainly do it that way as well. I do all of my needle turn appliqu on just the quilt top. I think the only time you need to be careful is when the machine appliqu becomes intense you might have to stabilize the quilt top with a little fabric underneath. But this pattern doesn't have anything intense.

Talk of the Town  February 13, 2014 7:14 AM

Hmm, these message boards apparently don't like the tilde above the e in applique.

jstlht2709125 on craftsy.com
jstlht2709125  January 11, 2014 9:18 PM

I bought the pattern and have cut the petals. We are going with a turquoise and red pattern. For the Twin I am planning on finishing the three flower patterns shown, plus adding a half flower at the bottom, similar to the one in this pattern. I'd love to send you my first rough layout of the petals.

Talk of the Town  January 20, 2014 2:38 PM

For some reason these comments are not coming to my email anymore. I'm sorry I never saw this until today!

I would love to see the layout of your twin! One of these days I'm going to map out the different size quilts. I just have other projects I'm having fun with.

Please send me the layout, I would really love to see it.

Lizzard013 on craftsy.com
Lizzard013  January 8, 2014 3:31 AM

I brought this pattern this week for the freedom of the design and intend making it for a double bed am looking at approx 80 inch finish I have calculated that I can cut petals from 2 1/2 inch stripes to reduce my waste of fabric and am working on it as 4 sections before I flow the reduced flowers into and over the joins of each quarter.

Talk of the Town  January 20, 2014 2:40 PM

This is great info for anyone else looking to expand the pattern. I would love to see your final product!

jstlht2709125 on craftsy.com
jstlht2709125  January 4, 2014 10:18 PM

I wonder how difficult it would be to adjust this pattern to a twin size quilt? My daughter has also chosen this pattern as the one she wants me to make her for graduation. It's a beautiful quilt!

Lizzard013 on craftsy.com
Lizzard013  January 8, 2014 3:32 AM

Work put the size you want the twin to be, then work from top of the pattern and flow your petals out it should not bee to hard to adjust placement of the petals.

jstlht2709125 on craftsy.com
jstlht2709125  January 10, 2014 0:44 PM

I am anxious to see your finished work! Thanks for the tip on making it for a twin. I haven't purchased the pattern yet, but plan to in the next week or so. Thanks again for your help.

Talk of the Town  January 20, 2014 2:41 PM

Me too! Thanks for everyones responses.

ecmoorehi1962932 on craftsy.com
ecmoorehi1962932  August 31, 2013 9:50 AM

Gorgous!!! Emily

Talk of the Town  September 2, 2013 0:44 PM

Thanks so much!

sshen on craftsy.com
sshen  August 20, 2013 10:00 AM

I just printed out my pattern. how big should the petals be? just want to make sure they are the right size. Thank you!

Talk of the Town  August 21, 2013 0:54 PM

The petals measure roughly 6 5/8 inches. Just a little longer than this.

Hope this helps!

Ros Brooks-Dagless on craftsy.com
Ros Brooks-Dagless  August 4, 2013 5:12 PM

Just purchased this pattern to make as a wall hanging for my holiday home - so looking forward to making it.

Talk of the Town  August 14, 2013 3:43 AM

Hurray! I hope you send me a photo of your finished project. It's so fun to see what other people do.

naheedmee1530971 on craftsy.com
naheedmee1530971  July 28, 2013 5:29 AM

beautiful pattern

Talk of the Town  July 28, 2013 10:08 AM

Thank you so much! I love it as well, but it is always nice when other people do.

soogoous on craftsy.com
soogoous  July 15, 2013 0:41 PM

Very, very pretty!

Talk of the Town  July 16, 2013 6:18 AM

Thanks! I love hearing that.

beccak on craftsy.com
beccak  July 15, 2013 10:53 AM

Do you happen to know if this particular fabric line is still available? This is on my list to purchase and I love these colors!

Talk of the Town  July 16, 2013 6:18 AM

The fabrics are all from different designers and I have found them still available. I think the one you may have trouble finding is the center fabric in the flower cluster, I haven't found it online anywhere. However, it's an easy one to swap out with a different fabric.

Thanks for stopping by!

notenuftime on craftsy.com
notenuftime  July 15, 2013 9:36 AM

This is lovely - I just bought the pattern and can't wait to make it!

Talk of the Town  July 16, 2013 6:15 AM

Thanks so much! I love to hear things like that.

Sam May on craftsy.com
Sam May  June 27, 2013 2:43 PM

Can i ask if the pattern is Appliqued or Reverse Appliqued? I'm, a beginner but really interested in using the pattern when i get paid next XD

Talk of the Town  June 28, 2013 6:47 AM

It is regular machine applique. Pretty easy. You could also do needle turn applique for an even nicer look.

I love reverse applique though. I want to try that technique soon. Thanks for the question!

nancymno on craftsy.com
nancymno  June 10, 2013 10:24 AM

I just purchased this pattern and have a question about the yardages given. Do I really need 11 1/2 yards of fabric to create the 94 petals?

nancymno on craftsy.com
nancymno  June 10, 2013 7:32 PM

Sure read that wrong! I'm all set.

Talk of the Town  June 12, 2013 8:50 PM

Okay good, I was worried I had told you 11 1/2 yards! Please email me with any other questions.

Thanks.

mclellanj375743 on craftsy.com
mclellanj375743  June 6, 2013 2:16 PM

I LOVE this. I had planned on using the same petal shapes in blocks, but really like this idea so much better!

Talk of the Town  June 6, 2013 7:09 PM

Thank! I would love to see your idea in blocks as well. I love creative people.

Talk of the Town  June 6, 2013 7:10 PM

That should be thanks...:)

2strings on craftsy.com
2strings  June 5, 2013 6:21 PM

Beautiful pattern, perfect color choices!

Talk of the Town  June 5, 2013 7:33 PM

Isn't putting fabric together fun?

sylros on craftsy.com
sylros  June 5, 2013 1:59 PM

Love it! Something different than squares, will definitely make this one.

Talk of the Town  June 5, 2013 7:34 PM

Hahaha, there are a lot of squares out there. Including people like me.

Chris S. on craftsy.com
Chris S.  May 27, 2013 6:19 PM

This is stunningly beautiful!

Talk of the Town  May 29, 2013 1:37 PM

Thanks! I love it to and sort of wish I still had it. But, it went to my new baby nephew so I can't really complain because every new baby deserves something nice.

ALTIA on craftsy.com
ALTIA  December 9, 2013 1:38 PM

Hi love your quilt, did you do a bigger size if so where could i see it or buy it, love the colours and patten, been looking for just the thing for my future daughter-inlaw,

Altia

Talk of the Town  January 20, 2014 2:43 PM

Hi Altia,

I haven't done a bigger size yet, but when I do I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

Carwoola on craftsy.com
Carwoola  February 13, 2014 1:10 AM

I hope my question makes sense - I love your pattern!

jstlht2709125 on craftsy.com
jstlht2709125  March 5, 2014 8:25 AM

I am at this point in my quilt project. I have everything sandwiched and am ready to begin the blanket stitch to piece them all together. The wonder-under is securing my pedals well and will make it easy to quilt...I hope. This will be my first attempt at binding using my own sewing machine. I am thinking about watching some of the videos on this website to help me begin.

kchelswic2205310 on craftsy.com
kchelswic2205310  October 14, 2013 11:14 PM

My granddaughter has picked your pattern for her quilt...twin bed size. Have you adjusted the pattern for a larger size yet? I saw somewhere on a blog that you were thinking of making it larger?

Talk of the Town  October 19, 2013 5:18 PM

Hi There!

We did talk over email but I should answer this here in case anyone else is interested to know that I haven't adjust for extra sizes as of yet.

indulgentdesign on craftsy.com
indulgentdesign  December 30, 2013 10:23 PM

If ever you do, I would love love love to make this as a queen size!!

Talk of the Town  January 20, 2014 2:42 PM

Hi indulgentdesign. I shall make it a new years resolution to make the modifications and let you know when I have completed them. Don't hold your breath though, it may be December 2014. Lol.

Vickie Renae on craftsy.com
Vickie Renae  March 2, 2014 6:24 PM

I am buying the pattern now. I plan to make a queen size to fit my bed. Use a contrast color for a bed skirt. Use smaller petals for the pillow shams and valance for window. Wish me luck. Thanks for a beautiful pattern.

Sea Glass Pattern