Basic Skills Necessary:
- This is a confident beginner pattern. You should know the basics of foundation paper piecing.
I was inspired to create a block based on entomology art. This block makes a fantastic color wheel if using various colors of fabric for the butterflies. This is an original design by Katie Dold.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Foundation paper piecing pattern
- 1/2 yd background fabric
- 13 scraps of pattern or solid fabrics
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- Add-A-Quarter inch ruler (This is invaluable!)
- Small piece of cardstock (6-inches x 3-inches)
- Glue (I use Sewline stick glue.)
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
- Scotch tape