Basic Skills Necessary:
- Basic quilting and applique skills needed.
A fun quilt that will surely be a favorite for that special child in your life. Using fusible web, the motifs are applied to the background fabric. The trees are cut and attached to the center panel. Full size templates are provided in PDF format for easy tracing, cutting and fusing. You can make this quilt in a weekend! Basic quilting skills are all that is needed to quilt the top. Experiment with free motion quilting.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 1 yard white or light colored fabric for center panel.
- 3/4 yard green fabric for top & bottom panels
- 2 1/4 yards brown fabric for trees
- 4 fat quarters in shades of green/yellow. Batiks would work well.
- 1 fat quarter yellow for bananas
- 1/2 yard each medium blue, pink, purple and brown for monkeys
- 1/2 yard beige fabric for monkey faces and chests
- assorted pieces of fabric in shades of green for grasses, ferns, geckos and lizard
- 3 1/2 yards fabric for backing
- 52" x 58" piece of batting
- 3 yards lightweight fusible web
You Will Also Need:
- 1 black fabric pen to color the eyes, nose and mouth
- safety pins to pin baste the quilt