Add your comment:

katiemouse on craftsy.com
katiemouse  November 24, 2013 11:56 PM

this is just so beautiful, I could even hang it on my bedroom wall, I love owl's

Laurie dAult on craftsy.com
Laurie dAult  September 21, 2013 6:59 AM

I just finished this quilt....made it for my daughter's friend who is having her first baby. I thought it would be great on the wall...so many colors and faces that babies love to look at. And owls! It must be the year of the owls because we're seeing them everywhere, but I'm sick and tired of puppies and kittens and teddy bears on baby quilts. I thought owls were unique. I digitized this pattern in the Viking 5D software to make machine appliques out of the owls. I made a normal applique out of the tree with a blanket stitch. The leaves were both machine appliqued and hand embroidered. The flowers were machine and hand embroidered. The background on the quilt and the tree were all free motion quilted and the border was machine quilted and hand binded. It looks fantastic. The worst part of it was finding the time (I work full-time as a toolmaker). It is done and will be delivered before the baby arrives.

pin and needles on craftsy.com
pin and needles  July 5, 2013 0:52 AM

does this pattern use fusible web and buttonhole stitch to applique? this is the only method i know

Sue Hassell on craftsy.com
Sue Hassell  March 7, 2014 10:36 PM

There is no reason why you couldn't do buttonhole stitch, In the pictures it looks like invisible stitching, where you fold the edges under and just catch a couple of strands of the top fabric and then go through the backing just under the stitch line, makes for a very neat and slightly raised applique but many don't do it, It isn't as hard as people think though :)

Deb05 on craftsy.com
Deb05  May 20, 2012 9:48 AM

This is absolutely one of the cutest owl projects I have seen!!! On my wishlist to make for my owl-loving daughter.

sheen4dan1342973 on craftsy.com
sheen4dan1342973  June 5, 2013 6:40 AM

this would make a lovely cot quilt what a beatuiful design thankyou sew much

mhoeth1417272 on craftsy.com
mhoeth1417272  April 21, 2013 9:14 AM

Can this be a quilt?

Queserasera on craftsy.com
Queserasera  February 14, 2013 3:40 PM

Would it be possible with this pattern to turn it into a quilt instead of a wall hanging?

deiafreit1027910 on craftsy.com
deiafreit1027910  November 1, 2012 8:09 PM

Brasil??

Ireneeann101998 on craftsy.com
Ireneeann101998  March 4, 2012 9:49 PM

I have just downloaded my first pattern, so easy....already printed out ready to start thank you Craftsy.........:)

BryndisElsa on craftsy.com
BryndisElsa  March 18, 2012 11:56 AM

I just bought this... cant wait to start, will use my time from work when Easter comes to sit and sew.... :)

CanadianQuilter on craftsy.com
CanadianQuilter  March 28, 2012 1:07 PM

Seriously adorable!

Sussexkaz on craftsy.com
Sussexkaz  March 30, 2012 7:32 PM

I just downloaded this too! My first project!! Look foward to seeing what you all have done!!

ghostwtr101 on craftsy.com
ghostwtr101  May 16, 2012 6:18 AM

I also think this is fo cute, I am using the pattern to introduce my daughter into the world of applique, We are going through an`d noting how we want to adapt the pattern; it is so much fun! Seriously, that top left had owl should have a patch over it's eye. How cute would that be?

kayzee716203 on craftsy.com
kayzee716203  May 20, 2012 0:43 PM

Wow... Gorgeous!!

v.hayes751702 on craftsy.com
v.hayes751702  June 5, 2012 0:57 PM

as a gude leader in the uk only one comment "wow"

zshikisan on craftsy.com
zshikisan  June 20, 2012 11:35 PM

Have just started mine and its so exciting. Even sit up till early mornings just hand sewing. Cant wait to see another owl on the branch. Thank you so much for this wonderful pattern.

BryndisElsa on craftsy.com
BryndisElsa  September 23, 2012 5:22 AM

why was there an update of the pattern?? was there misstakes in previous pattern??? I got these messages in my mailbox .... "The following pattern was updated by the pattern designer today on Craftsy.
To download the latest version of the pattern PDF, please sign-in to your Craftsy account and then click the pattern link."

BryndisElsa on craftsy.com
BryndisElsa  September 23, 2012 5:22 AM

Wendy Wales on craftsy.com
Wendy Wales  September 23, 2012 11:08 AM

I've just checked through the updated version quickly and the only difference I can see is that there are a few more instructions on page 2 - the general instructions page. Hope I'm right!

BryndisElsa on craftsy.com
BryndisElsa  October 1, 2012 9:25 AM

ok.thanks. :)

ajpadilla on craftsy.com
ajpadilla  October 1, 2012 11:08 AM

Sorry I didn't see this question until today! There weren't any corrections to this pattern. The reason why it was updated was because someone who purchased it decided to organize a stitch-along on her blog and "share" it with over 900 followers. Steps were taken to protect the pattern, and quite unfortunately I realized I need to take additional steps with all my patterns, so I'm adding watermarks to the graphics. I might have made a small correction in the instructions while I was at it, but that was it. No changes in the design or owl patterns themselves.

I really hope you are enjoying this pattern. It is so much fun to see different versions popping up here and there, so I'm sure we would all enjoy seeing your pics!

lynnehuet1360741 on craftsy.com
lynnehuet1360741  June 10, 2013 3:19 PM

I will definitely be making this pattern. I have just started a new business - Wise Old Owl Bookkeeping - and my tags line is (We give a hoot about your loot". I am sure that this will be embroidered on the quilt somewhere. Thanks for such an inspiring pattern = I have been doing far too much bookkeeping and not enough quilting. Thanks for the reminder.

Lynne Huether - Courtice, Ontario