large granny square quilt pattern

from designed by Trish

Add your comment:

RouletteMan on craftsy.com
RouletteMan  May 25, 2014 6:27 PM

I was looking for something that was easy, but attractive, and this quilt pattern, seems to fit the bill, perfect.

dshaulis1849436 on craftsy.com
dshaulis1849436  May 7, 2014 8:17 AM

I cut all the pieces as instructed but when I put the first block together, I couldn't square it to 13 1/2. Thinking I did something wrong, I took it to my quilting expert and she said the size of the neutral fabric squares was not large enough. If I sewed the blocks together I would lose the points. What happened?

janet28243319193 on craftsy.com
janet28243319193  June 26, 2014 6:40 PM

I had the same problem! I ended up taking less than 1/4" allowance when sewing the main parts, then a bit more when adding the last 4 triangles. I fixed the problem, but was so sad to get a pattern with wrong directions.

lamerex4 on craftsy.com
lamerex4  July 20, 2014 10:09 AM

I wish I had read the comments before I cut my fabric! I also found I lost the tips to all my squares if I used 5" neutral squares. I found by using 5 1/2" neutral squares, I was able to have a 1/4" seam allowance all the way around the square. I am still way shy of a 13 1/2" square, though. I'd like to see how this is accomplished using the sizes in the description!

squirrell4139687 on craftsy.com
squirrell4139687  July 22, 2014 7:28 PM

I had the same problem today and thought I did something wrong. Glad it's not me but sad that I cut my neutral fabric 5 inches. I guess I could buy more and cut it 5 1/2 inches and save the others for another project.

Janet Holland on craftsy.com
Janet Holland  March 1, 2014 2:58 PM

Excellent instructions and photo steps. Thank you for sharing your talent.

KayClark on craftsy.com
KayClark  January 23, 2014 4:52 PM

Thanks for this pattern. I love it. I just finished making a quilt for my Mom's 80th birthday using your pattern and directions. Mine started out based on the directions but I ended up having to modify because I ran out of fabric and had to continue with what I had, but it turned out nice. I even made her a pillow to match. Thanks again!

linen artisan on craftsy.com
linen artisan  September 27, 2013 4:35 AM

Thanks so much ...will be ideal for me , like colours and very good explanations...

Rachelsews on craftsy.com
Rachelsews  July 5, 2013 6:50 PM

Thank you so very much for this wonderful quilt pattern.

BusyGirlCreates on craftsy.com
BusyGirlCreates  June 29, 2013 5:46 PM

this is lovely!

large granny square quilt pattern Pattern