Basic Skills Necessary:
- Basic machine piecing and quilting. Some applique experience would be helpful.
Welcome fall with this delightful project! I was inspired to make this pattern when I threw grandpa Lloyd's hat on top of my ceramic pumpkin. This is one of my favorite table runners and I love putting it out every fall.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Background: 1/4 yard navy blue fabric
- Border #1 & background: 1/2 yard black fabric
- Border #2: (outer border) 1/3 yard orange fabric
- Pumpkin: 1/4 yard orange fabric (extra is used for prairie points
- Hat: 1/8 yard brown or 1 fat quarter
- Hat Brim: medium brown scrap or fat quarter Dark brown Scrap 3" x 4"
- Pumpkin face: gold scrap piece or fat quarter
- Leaves: assorted orange and brown scraps
- Backing: 3/4 yard
- Batting: 20" x 44" piece or 2/3 yard
You Will Also Need:
- 3/4 yard fusible transfer web or heat n bond
- Dark brown thread for applique