Denim Circle Rag Quilt-Recycled Jeans!

from Inventive Denim

Add your comment:

mlewis603@gmail.com on craftsy.com
mlewis603@gmail.com  June 21, 2014 6:04 PM

Bought this awhile ago and finally cut everything out. Pattern was very easy to follow, had well written description with instruction as well as clearly illustrated pictures which def helps someone like me who is very visual and needs to see what I am supposed to be doing as much as reading the directions. a beautiful and impressive turn out, everyone loves it and I will def be making more!

schilese751145 on craftsy.com
schilese751145  April 7, 2014 5:58 AM

I made this quilt and am so proud of the finished product. Donated it to use as a fundraiser for a food bank where my cousin in the director in NE Washington. But, I don't think I will ever work with denim on a project of this size. I wouldn't have been able to finish it without the help of my husband. Once I connected seven rows, I could no longer maneuver it through the machine. A technical note: the pattern was easy to follow. I would do it again w/ a lighter weight fabric; maybe even a light weight denim. But when I mailed the finished product to it's final destination, the mailing weight was 14 pounds! There's no debate about how impressive it is though. Turned out just beautifully! Thank you!

riotcause365513 on craftsy.com
riotcause365513  January 3, 2014 5:31 PM

I have been cutting denim circles for months waiting to make this awesome quilt! I'm finally ready and the updated pattern uses a larger circle?!? Now I'm totally confused as I do not have a copy of the original pattern. I wish BOTH the updated and original would be save in our patterns, I guess I'm winging it. Thanks a whole bunch (sarcasm).

Inventive Denim on craftsy.com
Inventive Denim  January 30, 2014 11:53 AM

As I mentioned in my response to you, there is absolutely no change in circle size between the original pattern and the update. The circle sizes are and have always been since the very first publication 6 1/2" wide. I'm sorry for the confusion.

ApricotCottage on craftsy.com
ApricotCottage  January 31, 2014 5:50 AM

love, love this quilt! It was as easy to make as I was hoping for. I've also made the table runner in flannel and it looks great on my dining room table for these cold nights. Nice pattern and love that it is not just for right handers but left handers too!!!!

Mathangie on craftsy.com
Mathangie  January 21, 2013 7:22 AM

I don't have a lot of extra pairs of jeans (I've donated all of mine.). What do you think about using a solid such as white?

dwicker71436511 on craftsy.com
dwicker71436511  April 28, 2013 4:40 AM

Any solid color should be fine. Another suggestion... Use old linen skirt also or go back to goodwill and get a couple of pairs of jeans. I am going to use linen scraps.

Inventive Denim on craftsy.com
Inventive Denim  May 4, 2013 5:17 PM

I also go to Goodwill but have noticed the prices really going up! :) Yard sales are fabulous and I can readily find jeans for .50 cents!
Also, once your friends/coworkers find out you're making a jean quilt, you'll usually start getting bagfuls!
People are even selling them on Ebay or Etsy. Check out Craigslist too. I will often post an ad stating that I am looking for jeans and how much I'm willing to pay (usually a $1.00 per pair).
Hope this helps!!
Heather

Joni Jak on craftsy.com
Joni Jak  January 27, 2014 1:35 PM

If you ask at your Goodwill or other resale store, there are jeans that are donated that are deemed "Too worn" to re sell. I had a friendly resale store manager who supplied me with more than a lifetime supply of jeans.

Barbro B on craftsy.com
Barbro B  January 20, 2013 6:35 AM

LOVE your Denim Circel Rag Quilt! Beautiful!!

Inventive Denim on craftsy.com
Inventive Denim  May 6, 2013 9:24 AM

Thank you so much Barbro!

J Lyns on craftsy.com
J Lyns  December 20, 2012 11:50 AM

I am a beginner at quilting and left handed so am going to get this pattern and try to make one. It is very attractive and just jumps out at you. I also have lots of jeans and other material. Thank you

Inventive Denim on craftsy.com
Inventive Denim  May 6, 2013 9:24 AM

I hope you have enjoyed it J Lyns! I really enjoyed making it! :)

Inventive Denim on craftsy.com
Inventive Denim  December 13, 2012 3:23 PM

I'm so glad the directions were easy to follow! I too, am left handed and it can be such a struggle sometimes to adapt patterns! :) Thank you so much!! Heather

ApricotCottage on craftsy.com
ApricotCottage  October 29, 2012 8:32 AM

Great pattern, the directions are so easy to follow! Thanks for thinking of those of us that are left-handed!

Inventive Denim on craftsy.com