I'm Michele Foster a quilt designer, author, web developer, pet dog trainer and teacher from Ottawa, Canada. I am the founder of the Quilting Gallery (http://quiltinggallery.com/) web site which I ...
I'm Michele Foster a quilt designer, author, web developer, pet dog trainer and teacher from Ottawa, Canada. I am the founder of the Quilting Gallery (http://quiltinggallery.com/) web site which I started in December 2007 as a way to combine my passion for quilting and my work life as a freelance web developer. The site has now grown to be a world-wide community-driven site for quilters.
Since 2012, I have been teaching quilt making online with detailed photo tutorials that are available as PDF files. With my Learn to Quilt Booklets, I have taught hundreds of quilters from around the world. I have also designed and published my own quilting patterns that are also available in PDF format for instant download.
My quilting booklets, patterns and tutorials can be found at Mishka's Playground, http://mishkasplayground.com/.
Delightful Stars is an extra large, queen-sized quilt. This dazzling quilt top really shines with a high contrast colour palette. The unique top, set in a puzzle-like layout is certain to challenge the accuracy of your piecing! Five borders surround the centre top, bringing emphasis to all of your beautiful points. This project is sure to bring you from an advanced beginner to a confident intermediate quilter!
This comprehensive Booklet contains:
* 25 unique star blocks, seven of which are paper pieced.
* 28 comprehensive lessons including: full colour drawings, construction diagrams, photos and numerous tips.
* Recommended products and tips for improving quilting accuracy.
* Tutorials for creating half-square, quarter-square, split quarter-square triangles, flying geese and skinny flying geese units.
* Finishing up instructions including creating the quilt back, choosing batting, basting, quilting and binding.
* Links to various tutorials, resources and videos for further information.
* Appendix A: Creating Triangle and Flying Geese Units - Includes step-by-step instructions of two methods for creating the triangle and flying geese units used in the star blocks.
* Appendix B: Paper Piecing Tutorial - Includes step-by-step instructions on how to paper piece along with six sample blocks aimed at the beginner to learn the technique.
* Appendix C: Colour Charts - Contains blank colour charts to assist in planning the quilt.
Tools listed are recommended but not necessarily required to complete the quilt.
Join the Facebook group: