Basic Skills Necessary:
- Sew with a measured seam allowance on a sewing machine
- Use a rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Zipper installation knowledge is helpful!
The Humperdink Tote was born out of necessity... I needed a large zippered tote to carry on a plane, that fit under the seat and could hold all my stuff and my toddler's things as well!
It also works great to pack for a weekend getaway or to head to a sewing day with friends!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Approximately 15 1/2" tall, 20" wide at the top, and 7" deep
- 1 yard linen/cotton blend for exterior and handles
- Various scraps for exterior pockets and zipper tab
- 2 FQ quilting cotton for exterior pocket linings
- Half yard quilting cotton for interior lining
- 1 FE or scrap for interior pocket
- 2 1/2 yards fusible interfacing such as Pellon Decor Bond 809
- Cotton batting such as Warm N Natural (large scraps or baby sized package needed)
- 22" fashion or metal zipper with closed end
You Will Also Need:
- Sewing machine, thread
- Rotary cutter and mat
- water soluble or disappearing marking tool