Basic Skills Necessary:
- knit in the round
- short row
Jingga (means "orange" in Indonesian) was knitted in self-striping yarn to resemble the tabby pattern. To achieve a smooth stripe pattern and minimize seam, the main body was knitted one-piece in the round from the back right leg to the snout.
Please be advised that this project uses short row technique a lot.
28 sts / 44 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- One size (adult cat size)
- The width/diameter of the curled up cat = 12 inches
- Self striping fingering weight yarn, 350 - 400 yards
- White fingering weight yarn, 75 - 100 yards
- Size 2 (2.75 mm) dpns
- Toy stuffing
- Bead string for the whiskers
- Scraps of yarn to decorate the face
You Will Also Need:
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
400 yards of Fingering weight
Ancient Arts Yarn
Read blog or news article about this pattern »