Basic Skills Necessary:
- cast on
- knit and purl
- knitting in the round
- picking up stitches
- slipped stitches
- stranded colourwork
- read a chart
- duplicate stitch
- basic sewing (for felt lining)
This festive stocking pattern cleverly uses both stranded colourwork and duplicate stitch to create holiday motifs. Knit in a DK weight yarn, the stocking is worked just like an oversized sock and is lined with felt for added sturdiness.
This pattern is also available seasonally as a kit which includes all the materials required to make one stocking.
21 sts and 28 rnds = 4" in St st worked in the rnd.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Circumference: 133/4"
- Leg length (to bottom of heel): 133/4"
- Sweet Paprika Minuet, 2 skeins of Moonshadow (A), 1 skein each of natural undyed (B) and Steel Rail Blues (C).
- Size 7 (4.5mm) set of double-pointed needles
You Will Also Need:
- Yarn needle
- Two 11" x 17" pieces OR Four 81/2" x 11" pieces of felt for lining
- Sewing needle and matching thread