Basic Skills Necessary:
- This is a large cable design worked using the intarsia technique.
- The blanket could also be worked in a single color.
This design showcases a large cable that uses the entire width of the balnket. The original blanket won third place in the Patternworks Challenge of 2008.
21 stitches and 26 rows = 4" (10 cm) in double seed stitch
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished blanket is about 38" x 54" (96 x 137 cm).
- The sample used 1450 yds of background color and about 130 yds each of 4 additional colors for the cables.
You Will Also Need:
- 5 stitch markers, a cable needle, needles large enough to support 38-40 inch width.
1970 yards of Worsted weight
7 balls (100 grams/208 yds each) Pale Bronze, 1 ball each of Barn Red, Rich Green, Chocolate (brown), Pale Country (blue)