Basic Skills Necessary:
- Basic knitting
- Circluar knitting
The boyfriend sweater is the perfect item to grab when you want to relax at the end of the day, sitting on the sofa in front of your favourite film, or when you are outside watching the sun go down. It is a casual style but the details provide a lot of interest, with patterning as a panel down the length of the sleeves and around the mid-frame.
The pattern includes notes for two versions. The first version as shown on the front cover includes contrast coloured sleeves and neck trim, while the second is worked in a single shade.
16sts / 24 rows = 4 ins/ 10 cm in Stockinette st using US #8/5mm needles.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Size: S (M, L).
- To fit: UK size 8 (10, 12) / US size 4 (6, 8).
- Bust size approx. 32 (34, 36) ins / 81 (86, 91) cm.
- Finished circumference: 36 (38, 40) ins / 91 (96, 102) cm.
- Finished length: 20.5 (21.5, 22.5) ins / 52 (55, 57) cm.
- Debbie Bliss "Cashmerino Aran" - (55% merino wool, 33% micro fibre, 12% cashmere), 98 yds/90m per 50g/1.75 oz ball.
- OR Sublime "Cashmere Merino Silk Aran" - (75% extra fine merino, 20% silk, 5% cashmere), 94 yds/86m per 50g/1.75 oz ball.
You Will Also Need:
- US #7/4.5mm circ ndl, in lengths 40 ins/100 cm & 24 ins / 60 cm.
- US #8/5mm circ ndl, length 40 ins/100 cm.
- Optional: US #6/4mm circ ndl, length 24 ins/60 cm if rqd for bind-off at neck edge.
- 3 stitch holders, two small and either one long holder or a spare interchangeable ndl cord.
- Tapestry needle for finishing.