Basic Skills Necessary:
- Cabling, i-cord, decreases, increases, long-tail cast-on, picking up stitches, knitting in the round, reading charts, seaming, short rows, yoke construction
This sweater coat is worked from the top down. The cables are carefully arranged to give a slimming silhouette without adding extra bulk.
Measurements are given in both centimeters and inches.
The yoke and the cables are charted only. Each size has its own set of charts, which are printed full size for easy reading.
16 st and 22 rows = 10 cm (4") on 5 mm (US 8) needles in stockinette stitch
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished measurements: bust circumference, buttoned 84, (91, 102, 112, 122, 132) cm / 33" (35.875", 40.125", 44", 48", 52")
- 5 mm (US 8) circular needles; adjust needle size if necessary to obtain gauge
- 5 mm (US 8) needles in your preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round
- 6 mm (US 10) needles, any type (for the hem)
- 8 mm (US 11) needle (for binding off the cuff)
- 3.25 mm (US 3) circular needles (for picking up sts)
- 3.75 mm (US 5) needles, any type (for the collar)
- 4.5 mm (US 7) needles, any type (for the collar)
You Will Also Need:
- Cable needle; yarn needle; 1 stitch marker; 5 toggle-style buttons
1740 yards of Worsted weight
Lane Cervinia Le Fibre Nobili Mambo