Women, Girls, Petite, Tall, Plus-sized
Basic Skills Necessary:
Inspired by a love of directional and modular
knitting, as well as a desire to make a garment
that is flattering, functional, and easily adjustable.
"Mediety" means one of two mostly equal parts.
18 sts/36 rows = 4" in garter stitch
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Chest: 31 [35, 39, 43, 47, 51, 55] inches
- Length: 22.5 [23, 23.25, 23.5, 23.75, 24, 24] inches
- Plymouth Yarn Company, Encore Worsted [75% acrylic, 25% wool; 200 yd/ 100 g skein]; 1204; 5 [6, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9] skeins (Please see end notes for other yarns that have been used for this sweater.)
- 1 set US #7/ 4.5 mm double-point needles
- 36-inch US #7/ 4.5 mm circular needle
- Really, this sweater could be made on straight needles, but it could get hard to work as you near the end of the raglan shaping. Also, making the short-rows would be awkward.
You Will Also Need:
- stitch markers
- Flexible stitch holders or lengths of waste yarn to hold sleeve stitches as you work the body and something to hold the stitches on one side of the back as you finish the other side of the back. A spare 36-inch circular needle of any size smaller than or equal to the diameter of the main needle would work very well for this, and make grafting stitches easier.
1800 yards of Worsted weight
Plymouth Yarn Company, Encore Worsted