Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knit, purl, yo, k2tog, ssk, circular knitting, m1R, m1L, and knitted and long-tail CO methods
Let's Dance is an a-line, cap-sleeve sheath of checkerboard lace - Tilting Blocks Lace - that hop-scotches across its surface throughout. This lace pattern is clean and rhythmic, unfussy, with alternating airy bits that enhance the fabric's natural drape. Let's Dance is worked from the top down with minimal shaping, perfect for summer knitting. 1x1 rib trims its hems and neckline.
10 page pdf includes pattern instructions, photographs, schematics, a multi-set tilting blocks lace pattern page (for tracking rows and stitches during shaping), a row tracking grid for managing at-the-same-time instructions, and definitions for relevant abbreviations.
26.8 sts and 40.8 rows to 4 inches in stockinette stitch and
26 sts and 40.8 rnds over 4 inches in tilting blocks lace pattern, both after blocking.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Bust: 30, 34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54 inches
- Hips: 34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58 inches
- Yoke depth: 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11 inches
- Length from underarm: 16.75, 16.5, 16.25, 15.75, 15.25, 15.25, 15.25 inches
- 960, 1090, 1210, 1325, 1435, 1580, 1730 yards yarn
- 16-inch to 24-inch US #3/3.25mm circular needles (for initial CO at neckline)
- 24-inch to 32-inch US #3/3.25mm circular needles (for bodice underway to hem)
- set double-pointed US #3/3.25mm needles (for rib at sleeve hems)
You Will Also Need:
- stitch markers, stitch holders, yarn needle, T-pins for blocking