Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knit on the round
- Knit stranded knitting
- Basic knitting casting on and off
I always remembered the long skirts I used to wear at school that were fitting but flattering and warm.. I wanted to design one to wear in winter so I could look nice and feminine without getting cold...
The Celtic motif is one of my favorite designs which is for sale separately as well as included in this pattern.
19 sts and 26 rows = 4 inches / 10 cm in St st.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Length: 30 inches / 76 cm Long skirt
- Length 23 Inces / 58.5 cm short skirt
- To fit top of hips: 24.5, (27, 29, 31, 33, 35.5, 38, 40 )inches / 62, 69, 74, 9, 84, 90, 97, 102) cm
- 8 ply wool mix 600 gms for long skirt / 500 gms for shorter skirt
- Contrast wool mix 50 gms for the Motif
- Contrast Wool Mix 150 gms for the moss edging or alternatively another 150gms of main colour
You Will Also Need:
- One circular 80 cm needle US8 (5.00 mm) or size to obtain guage
- One Circular needle 80 cm US 10.5 (6.5 mm) needle
- Needle to sew ends in
- Eleastic - 2 inches (5 cm ) wide non roll for waist.
- 1 knitting marker to show end of each round
- 2 knitting markers in to define edges of chart
- 9 knitting markers in a different colour from end of round for each increase