Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knitting, purling, increasing, decreasing
I took a basic rib pattern and used a lot of decreases at the top of the ribbing to give it a ruffled effect. For the collar, I added a very simple crocheted flower and bead that look like a corsage or pin that Mom would wear. Your favorite little girl will love it, and it's so easy, it will work up in no time!
In St st, 18 sts and 28 rows = 4"/10 cm
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Child's sizes 2 (26") to 10 (32.5")
- Worsted weight cotton/wool blend: 475 (575, 700, 800, 1000) yards (MC); small amount of contrasting color yarn of similar weight, for flower (A).
You Will Also Need:
- One pair size 6 (4 mm) knitting needles,
- One size F-5 (3.7 5mm) crochet hook
- Removable stitch markers
- Stitch holders
- Five 5/8" buttons
- One 1/4" bead
Balance by Vermont Organic Fiber Company