Basic Skills Necessary:
- worked flat
- single decreases-ssk-k2tog
- pick up stitches
- single crochet with buttonholes
This little girl's drop shoulder, v-neck cardigan is stunning. The cabbage roses are easy to knit in stockinette stitch.. The cardigan is V-neck and has dropped shoulders. The lower edge of cardigan and sleeves do not have any ribbing or crochet. The front band and v-neck have a crochet edge with buttonholes on the front band.
23 stitches and 30 rows = 4 inches on size 6 needle
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- small(medium, large)
- 1-2(4-6, 8-10) years
- chest 25(29, 33)"
- length from shoulder 12.5(14.5, 17.5)"
- sleeve from drop 8(10.5, 14)"
- Brown Sheep Company--Cotton Fine (80% pima cotton, 20% merino wool--50 grams--222 yards each pull skein: 3(4, 5) pull skeins
- Needle: size 4 straight needles for cabbage roses
- Needle: size 6 straight needles for the body of sweater; or size needles to obtain the correct gauge
- Crochet Hook: size E
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- gauge ruler
- tapestry needle
- 5(5, 6) buttons 1/2 inch size