Basic Skills Necessary:
- Provisional Cast On
- M1L and M1R slanted increases
- knitting on Cast on
- garter stitch grafting
This little summer dress was inspired by my lovely daughter Cadence. She needed a lightweight dress for summer which did not sit against her skin except in the chest area. The combination of a cross-over bodice, feature ribbon and fern lace skirt was the result.
This free version of the pattern is written using my own tight gauge and has instructions only for a 12-24 month size. Larger sizes can be modified by using looser gauge or thicker yarn.
This pattern is intended for personal home use only. Commercial use of this pattern is permitted only through a cottage license (knitting for charity does not require a license).
24sts for 10cm in stockingette st on 4mm needles
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 12-24mth size only
- Chest: 48-52cm circumference (more stretch in it as well)
- Skirt of Dress: 76cm wide
- Tunic Length: 12-18 months: 30cm
- Dress Length: 12-24 months ~ 44- 48cm length depending on height
- 130g-200g of 8ply (DK/Light worsted) yarn depending on length
- Piece of ribbon, 7mm wide, 1m length
- 4mm (US size 6) needles - 40cm and 60cm lengths (flats if you like for the front and back pieces
- crochet hook for a provisional cast on
You Will Also Need:
- Sewing needle for grafting
- 3 stitch holders
- A couple of meters of scrap yarn for provisional cast on (preferably cotton)
- Stitch marker