Beth Cardigan

from Be Sweet

Add your comment:

Kkisbey4314668 on craftsy.com
Kkisbey4314668  July 16, 2014 9:17 PM

Can't seem to recieve my free pattern!

wendiian1469628 on craftsy.com
wendiian1469628  June 22, 2014 9:25 PM

Given that comments about the size have been made for a year now I guess it's just too bad for those who can't rewrite the pattern ourselves. Yes, you do get what you pay for!!!

wendiian1469628 on craftsy.com
wendiian1469628  June 22, 2014 9:23 PM

I agree re sizes, is anything happening about this?

judithspe1326117 on craftsy.com
judithspe1326117  June 22, 2014 9:19 PM

I would like to see this cardigan in a light colour so I can see the stitch detail.

peaches.d657103 on craftsy.com
peaches.d657103  June 22, 2014 2:15 PM

Would it be possible to provide instructions for larger sizes please, as I am UK size 16-18. Also can you also provide correct crochet hook number?

With thanks,

Dorothy Person on craftsy.com
Dorothy Person  June 22, 2014 9:46 AM

Craftsy why doesn't the designer respond to these questions about size?

Sharoneb on craftsy.com
Sharoneb  June 22, 2014 7:46 AM

I have adjusted patterns to fit me, but it's a pain, to "redesign". Maybe I should become a pattern designer.

My Edible Yard on craftsy.com
My Edible Yard  June 22, 2014 3:27 AM

And here I am glad to finally have a free pattern in my size.

My Edible Yard on craftsy.com
My Edible Yard  June 22, 2014 3:28 AM

Also, it seems to me that if you know the stitch gauge (which is given), it's easy to multiply out and adjust the size to your needs. I certainly have to do it on a regular basis to decrease the size of things.

amanda_no1311429429 on craftsy.com
amanda_no1311429429  June 22, 2014 2:40 AM

I would have to agree with all the previous comments. 32" bust is hardly an average size!

Becky McAllister on craftsy.com
Becky McAllister  June 21, 2014 8:19 PM

Can't get it to download

peaches.d657103 on craftsy.com
peaches.d657103  June 22, 2014 7:35 AM

I had difficulty at first, as ipad user. Eventually managed to download the PDF file into one of my book library's today.

RoseF on craftsy.com
RoseF  June 21, 2014 5:32 PM

I also agree.
Nice pattern. Need more sizes.

dedemarit on craftsy.com
dedemarit  June 5, 2014 2:50 PM

Craftsy or Be Sweet--you need to rewrite this pattern so that it can be made for larger sizes! Good thing it was free, or you would have some angry customers out here. Please fix this pattern!

peaches.d657103 on craftsy.com
peaches.d657103  June 22, 2014 7:36 AM

Absolutely! It's a loooong time since I was 32" too!

JosephandDiane Roybal on craftsy.com
JosephandDiane Roybal  June 4, 2014 9:42 AM

Are there any corrections to this pattern?

lthorn12926094 on craftsy.com
lthorn12926094  May 28, 2014 8:47 AM

English patterns always come in a variety of sizes, you just pick the right one for you. Also the terminology is different so I can't use this pattern. Also I'm a 38"

TheJude on craftsy.com
TheJude  May 23, 2014 4:13 PM

I totally agree. The least Craftsy could do is to list the sizes on the product page so you'd know whether to buy or pass. I don't even know anyone with a 32" bust! Is this pattern for a child? It's very cute, don't get me wrong, but worthless without other (realistic) size options.

Becky Moffitt on craftsy.com
Becky Moffitt  May 23, 2014 10:45 AM

Free patterns must be worth exactly what we pay for them. Nothing! I've never seen a sweater pattern without size options.

KnitsaGoodThing on craftsy.com
KnitsaGoodThing  May 22, 2014 6:06 PM

Agree with everyone's comments. Dark colored yarn makes it impossible to see the sweater details. But since this is only sized for a 32" bust, I will not be making this sweater anyway. Sometimes I think designers only make things that fit them or suit their own body type, which is a major mistake. The average American woman is 5'4" and wears a C cup. I don't think that's even possible with a 32" bust.

lenaselwa3756967 on craftsy.com
lenaselwa3756967  May 2, 2014 6:44 AM

Its a lovely pattern but i echo what everyone else on here have said, shame its for such a small size :(

patbishop2261427 on craftsy.com
patbishop2261427  February 24, 2014 5:23 AM

Cannot make this pattern if it does not have a bigger size option, too bad.

birrats on craftsy.com
birrats  January 16, 2014 7:40 AM

Where is the pattern?

cthibodau367609 on craftsy.com
cthibodau367609  June 18, 2013 1:45 PM

I downloaded the pattern for the Beth Cardigan, but noticed that the crochet hook size was as follows:
Crochet hook size y
Considering that this may be a misprint, would the designer be able to clarify the needle size. I am aware that I can keep trying until it looks right, but would like to know what needle size the designer used. Any help out there?

laurajeanie on craftsy.com
laurajeanie  June 12, 2013 6:46 PM

If I were going to make this larger, I would insert an extra plain row here and there between the increase rows. You would also add a few extra rows to the back section where you knit even. Of course that would set the row numbers way off and you would need to keep good notes to make the two sides symmetrical, but that's where I would start.
Another option is to use larger needles and go with a more airy lacy look to the fabric.

Pennei on craftsy.com
Pennei  May 10, 2013 10:55 AM

Since I am very busty, I am going to use the gauge to figure out how to make this larger. since there no schematics, this is going to be tricky. I am going to swatch with some stretchy yars to see what I can come up with.

penandra1094078 on craftsy.com
penandra1094078  May 6, 2013 6:59 AM

It is difficult to tell anything from this picture about the detail of this pattern. There should be information in the description that this pattern is stitched side to side, and that the instructions are for only one size (32" bust) with NO suggestions on how to make it smaller or larger.

mestes10022427 on craftsy.com
mestes10022427  August 11, 2012 5:48 PM

I love this pattern, but I'm not sure why it's only listed in one size? I would like to make it bigger, but I have no idea where to start! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

olwentenn1268638 on craftsy.com
olwentenn1268638  February 21, 2013 5:26 AM

It's a great cardigan, but for the size. I wonder if I should risk it?

danni2141189906 on craftsy.com
danni2141189906  April 12, 2013 6:46 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. It is sized at a 32" bust and I'm not skilled enough in patterns to figure out how to make it to fit. Any suggestions?

bossy boots on craftsy.com
bossy boots  April 15, 2013 1:29 PM

Same here! Would really appreciate some ideas on how to enlarge pattern.

patbishop2261427 on craftsy.com
patbishop2261427  February 24, 2014 5:24 AM

Me too

marianhog730597 on craftsy.com
marianhog730597  April 1, 2014 9:41 AM

Really liked the look of this, but not a 32 bust anymore, and not clever enough to start altering patterns, could we have some information on a bigger size maybe?

mrsgusto3344149 on craftsy.com
mrsgusto3344149  May 23, 2014 9:55 AM

I guess I won't even bother with it. Too Bad! Thought that it was cute, but haven't been a 32 bust since jr high.

buffster85229 on craftsy.com
buffster85229  June 22, 2014 6:38 AM

seriously, 32"

janetl34354693 on craftsy.com
janetl34354693  July 20, 2014 9:43 PM

Has anyone downloaded this pattern. I would love to but don't know how?

Beth Cardigan Pattern