Basic Skills Necessary:
This pattern will accommodate any yarn!
Two sizes are included in the pattern - a tiny bag and a larger bag.
However, you can use ANY yarn you want, and make ANY size bag you'd like with this pattern (and a little math).
The piece is worked from the bottom up, felted, then a purchased handle is sewn on.
You can make this bag in any size you wish, using any yarn you want, but you will have to do some simple math to determine the size your mitered diamonds in relation to the bottom of the bag.
Gauge will vary drastically depending on yarn
used and amount of felting.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- The 25-stitch diamonds in the bag pictured measure approx 7"/18cm across x 5-1/2"/14 cm deep before felting, and 5"/13cm across x 4"/10 cm deep after felting.
- Malabrigo Worsted Weight Merino was used in the samples pictured.
- Large 25 Stitch Bag: Approx 350 yds / 320 meters were used total in the 25-stitch bag, 50-100 yds / 40-90 m of each of the colors below.
- Small 13 Stitch Sample Bag: For the 13-stitch sample bag, approx 210 yds / 192 m are required, 20 yds / 18.25 m each of the colors below.
- Colors: A - Col China; B - Frank Ochre; C - Peach Tree; D - Olive; E - Buscando Azul; F - Vaa; G - Azul Profundo
- Size 9US/5.5mm needles were used to create pictured bag.
You Will Also Need:
- A 23" rolled leather handle, purchased at www.peacockpatterns.com, was sewn to the bag after felting. An i-cord handle or back-pack straps could be used.