Thinking of You Scarf

from HeartStrings Knitting Patterns

Add your comment:

knottycarla on craftsy.com
knottycarla  August 15, 2014 7:45 AM

What about using 4ply sock wool? Would that work?? (I'm trying hard to use up what I have!)

JackieES on craftsy.com
JackieES  August 15, 2014 5:28 PM

I think if you drop down a couple needle sizes, it should work out well enough to give a good fabric. Try it for a few inches and see what you think. Of course the scarf will be bit narrower than the original, but should still look fine.

knottycarla on craftsy.com
knottycarla  August 22, 2014 2:56 AM

Think I'll give it a try! Thanks for all your help.

wensyd on craftsy.com
wensyd  August 12, 2014 2:08 PM

how do we get it in England

JackieES on craftsy.com
JackieES  August 15, 2014 7:24 AM

Patterns on Craftsy are purchased via Paypal (you do not need a Paypal account) and delivered as downloadable pdf patterns. Nothing physical is mailed to you.

After your purchase is completed, Craftsy sends you an email with the downloadable link. But even if you don't get the email, you can just go to the My Patterns section of your personal account at Craftsy.com. The pattern link will be waiting for you there so you can view and/or download the pattern anytime you want it now or later.

knottycarla on craftsy.com
knottycarla  August 2, 2014 10:17 AM

I have some Lace Weight yarn, would this be suitable for this project??

JackieES on craftsy.com
JackieES  August 8, 2014 7:52 AM

If you try to work the scarf in same gauge with lace weight, the fabric will likely be too flimsy and I think the stitch definition for the hearts area will be lost. To compensate, you could go down several needle sizes, but then youd probably have a neck tie rather than a scarf?

Have you considered doubling your lace weight yarn to get something closer to what is called for in the pattern? That might work (of course, youd need double the yardage, also).

knottycarla on craftsy.com
knottycarla  August 15, 2014 7:46 AM

Would 4ply sock wool work? Trying hard to use up what I have in my cupboard.

cwancenri768373 on craftsy.com
cwancenri768373  July 26, 2014 8:07 AM

This is gorgeous. I'm making it for Christmas for two dear friends who will appreciate "the twists and turns of life" ending in "loving friendship"! Can't wait to get started! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Patsy Conklin on craftsy.com
Patsy Conklin  July 22, 2014 11:35 AM

You can drop my name from you list. $6.00 for a pattern? I can get a dress pattern for that much.

slater.an1952816 on craftsy.com
slater.an1952816  July 22, 2014 4:26 PM

Somebody has to have the experience and brains to create the pattern, then has to work it a couple of times to work the kinks out of the instructions. I have gotten FREE patterns that were SO BADLY WRITTEN that I emailed the yarn company , oh 10 times for one supposedly simple sweater.
I am about to sign on to buy this pattern. It's lovely. I've been knitting for over 60 years, but I don't trust myself trying to do it from the photos (which I HAVE done on some really easy patterns)

knottycarla on craftsy.com
knottycarla  August 2, 2014 10:30 AM

I agree it's a bit pricey for an e-pattern, but, a lot of work has gone into it, and I could never do it! So, its just one that you have to think hard about, and make sure you are 100% that you will use it!

Carla Hunt on craftsy.com
Carla Hunt  July 18, 2014 9:46 PM

Can finished projects be sold for profit?

JackieES on craftsy.com
JackieES  July 19, 2014 9:55 PM

Please read here for making and selling items using patterns: http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/faq.shtm#support

cochlear14551400 on craftsy.com
cochlear14551400  August 17, 2014 8:42 AM

I had a look on this website, but nothing is mention about making or selling. Please advise? Thanks.

JackieES on craftsy.com
JackieES  August 22, 2014 7:03 AM

Here is the link to the FAQ section again.
Look under the question
Q: What are your fees for making and selling items using your patterns?

Ketty Calderon on craftsy.com
Ketty Calderon  July 18, 2014 10:41 AM

would you recomend it for a beginners?

JackieES on craftsy.com
JackieES  July 19, 2014 9:58 PM

This pattern would not be appropriate for an absolute beginner to knitting. But if you are able to cast on, knit, purl, yarn over, bind off, and have a passion to knit this beautiful scarf, you can do it!

teamaria52338249 on craftsy.com
teamaria52338249  November 6, 2013 6:17 PM

its beautifull, I like it!!!!! Mara Emma

Banningburg on craftsy.com
Banningburg  September 22, 2012 0:35 PM

I have a question about the WS and RS of this pattern-can someone hlp me please?
Karen

MamaHogan on craftsy.com
MamaHogan  February 10, 2013 7:34 PM

What is your question?

Brammy on craftsy.com
Brammy  July 18, 2014 5:59 PM

WS means wrong side, RS means right side. hope this helps

JackieES on craftsy.com
JackieES  July 19, 2014 10:02 PM

The RS rows are labeled in the instructions. Maybe you missed seeing that? (for this particular pattern, they are the odd-number rows)

As to the WS rows, they are alternate return rows (i.e. for this particular pattern, they are the even-number rows).

MamaHogan on craftsy.com
MamaHogan  February 10, 2013 7:35 PM

This was great fun to knit! I used a soft acrylic yarn & was unable to block it as nice and flat as the example, but it is such a cute scarf!

Thinking of You Scarf Pattern