Steel Grey Chunky Circular Scarf

from Hand Knitted Things

Add your comment:

Mom_to_4 on craftsy.com
Mom_to_4  August 1, 2014 7:55 PM

How much of the skeins do you end up using? I found a yarn I love, but the skeins aren't as big and I'm afraid I might run out if I use this particular yarn. I can't wait to try it for a friend. It is SO her!

mel05092223558 on craftsy.com
mel05092223558  July 31, 2014 7:15 PM

This looks so cool! Can't wait to make it! Thanks!

heather_l4122638 on craftsy.com
heather_l4122638  July 30, 2014 6:41 PM

Hi I love this but can't get it to down load. Please help. Thanks

mnjwilson1445717819 on craftsy.com
mnjwilson1445717819  August 1, 2014 10:48 AM

Steel Grey Chunky Circular Scarf By Julia Marsh
Instructions
o Cast on 85 stitches with 5 strands of dk yarn held together using size 15 mm circular needles. The 5 strands can become twisted during the cast on process. Be sure to keep the strands in order before starting to knit.
o Place maker, be sure to start with all stitches in line inside the ring and not twisted.
o Join in the round. o Row 1; Knit o Row 2 & 3; Purl o Row 4 8; Knit
o Row 9 & 10; Purl
o Row 11; Knit
o Cast off. Weave in all loose ends with blunt tapestry needle.
o TIP. Join any new ends at or near the marker, this will be the centre back of the scarf and will help keep all woven in ends to this area.

betty.pel2036848 on craftsy.com
betty.pel2036848  June 12, 2014 2:22 AM

Cannot open downloaded pattern file...suggestions?

shirleye14088845 on craftsy.com
shirleye14088845  June 12, 2014 5:33 PM

I cannot find the directions for this chunky scarf..

Carl Peter Jonathan Horner on craftsy.com
Carl Peter Jonathan Horner  June 12, 2014 5:54 PM

o Join in the round.
o Row 1; Knit
o Row 2 & 3; Purl
o Row 4 8; Knit
o Row 9 & 10; Purl
o Row 11; Knit
o Cast off. Weave in all loose ends with blunt tapestry needle.

byasminkh3933628 on craftsy.com
byasminkh3933628  June 15, 2014 11:27 AM

Thank you Carl. I shared it on Facebook courtesy of you :)

lillianbe4450514 on craftsy.com
lillianbe4450514  July 31, 2014 11:47 AM

Thank you Carl, I couldn't find out where to find the pattern either!

eldoherty3018393 on craftsy.com
eldoherty3018393  May 22, 2014 10:32 AM

Can't find the pattern! Can anyone tell me what to click on to find it?

Alison Cowie on craftsy.com
Alison Cowie  May 23, 2014 3:03 PM

lvdyas1567032 on craftsy.com
lvdyas1567032  May 21, 2014 0:11 PM

The needle size will make difference !

Cheryl Antkowski on craftsy.com
Cheryl Antkowski  September 26, 2013 9:34 AM

just finished making this. looks nice, very thick. i couldn't find the 15mm needles so i used 12.5, the biggest i could find. my scarf is a little stiff, but wondering if it because of my needle size.

eldoherty3018393 on craftsy.com
eldoherty3018393  May 22, 2014 10:33 AM

It is because of the needle size you used. If you had used 3 or 4 strands on that smaller needle, it should have been enough.

susanipmc1445486 on craftsy.com
susanipmc1445486  May 7, 2013 11:30 AM

This looks fab in Rowan All seasons cotton ( 5 balls) . Not cheap but great result.

ArleneMc in RI on craftsy.com
ArleneMc in RI  April 19, 2013 6:01 AM

Because I didn't have time to run out & buy new yarn last weekend, I used 3 different colors of some leftover cotton yarn to make this scarf. It turned out very nicely. Have since bought some chunky wool blend yarn to make another scarf. I love this pattern!

Candy12 on craftsy.com
Candy12  April 11, 2013 8:38 AM

This would look good in merino maybe left over odd balls of varying colours, can't wait to try it!

susanipmc1445486 on craftsy.com
susanipmc1445486  May 7, 2013 11:30 AM

I used 5 balls of cream rowan all seasons cotton ( it's double knitting) and did this in 2 hours no probs - love the result and am going to try with 5 balls of any double knitting wool and make another!

emreznick924790 on craftsy.com
emreznick924790  March 20, 2013 1:44 PM

This yarn is only available in the UK, Is there an equivalent yarn for purchase in the US?

Two Wednesdays on craftsy.com
Two Wednesdays  March 22, 2013 3:37 PM

Stylecraft Twirl Dk is a low price point acrylic yarn (but stylecraft make quite nice acyrlic yarns) Details on Yarndex here http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=6774. It's a standard DK and with average tension you'd use a 4mm needle. I suspect you could use any similar weight yarn. As it is a cowl, a slight change to gauge shouldn't cause a problem.
At the moment I am trying to work out if I could use a super bulky yarn in my stash for this pattern but think it mightn't be thick enough!

EmpON on craftsy.com
EmpON  February 10, 2014 6:32 PM

Maybe combine a thin yarn with your super bulky to make it thicker?

Steel Grey Chunky Circular Scarf Pattern