Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knit in the round, knit and purl, M1 increase, wrap and turn (very basic short rows), crochet chain stitch (optional)
Spatterdash is a pair of fitted wool spats, drawn snug by corset-style laces, and decorated on the outside edge by a smart row of buttons. Wear these over a slim pair of boots or some sleek heels, you won't just be the best-dressed person on your airship, you'll also be the coziest!
37 sts and 51 rows = 4"/10 cm in St st in the round.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- To fit calves measuring (at the widest part): 12 (13, 14)" /30 (33, 35) cm
- Note: Pattern is designed with negative ease, so if you are between sizes, knit the smaller one.
- Yarn: Fingering weight, approx . 430 (570, 660) yds
- US 1/2.25 cm or size needed to obtain gauge for circular knitting method of your choice (DPNs, two circulars, etc.). 32"/81cm cord or longer recommended for magic loop.
- Crochet hook (B/2.25 mm)
You Will Also Need:
- 28 black buttons, as small as you can find, with a single hole or shank in the back, in-visible from the front
- 3 yd/3 m ribbon, 1/8-1/4" wide, in a colour that compliments your yarn
- 4 stitch markers
- crochet hook (small enough to slip through the hole in the back of your buttons), or spool of thread in contrasting color
- tapestry needle
660 yards of Fingering weight
The Verdant Gryphon "Eidos"