Basic Skills Necessary:
- Two-color cast-on, knitting in the round, increasing/decreasing, stranded knitting with two colors, reading a chart, Latvian Braid, Kitchener stitch.
Seljuk mittens have a central star motif, a charted cuff bounded by two Latvian braids and a peasant thumb. The design on the front of the mitten is inspired by early Turkish textiles. The pattern has charts for two sizes, photos and written instructions. It includes instructions for the Latvian braid and a two color cast on.
9 stitches and 9 rounds = 1 inch 2.5 cm in stranded work
36 stitches and 36 rounds= 4 inches (10cm)
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Women's Medium (Large) Fits palm circumference 8 (9) inches 20 (22.9) cm Length (cuff included) - 10 (11) inches 25.5 (27.9) cm
- Needles US #2 2.75 mm DPN (set of 5)
- Yarn/Materials: Fingering weight yarn in 3 colors: Color A approx. 146 yards/34 grams (152 yards/38 grams) Color B approx. 124 yards/31 grams (132 yards/32 grams) Color C approx. 4.5 yards/1 grams (10 yards/2.5 grams)
You Will Also Need:
- Scrap yarn - approx. 1 8" [46 cm] 1 or 2 row markers
275 yards of Fingering weight