sapphire shawl

from sapphire shawl

Add your comment:

myvs20051946392 on craftsy.com
myvs20051946392  May 10, 2014 7:13 AM

Getting stuck on the beginning. Set up row starts with 11 sts. Set up row 2 increases to 19 stitches. All other incs. are 4 sts per row. This adds 4 sts to the end of Triangle Section making last row 31 sts. What am I doing wrong?

Briansmith9 on craftsy.com
Briansmith9  May 16, 2014 3:56 AM

Hi there,

Happy to help :)

Using 5mm needles, CO 3 Sts. K10 rows.
At the end of last row, do not turn to work other side, rotate piece 90 degrees
clockwise so that you are looking at the long side of the garter rectangle. Pick
up and k5 Sts in the purl bump of each garter ridge. Rotate piece another 90
degrees. Pick up and k3 Sts along the CO edge. 11 Sts. Turn to work WS row.
Set-up rows
Row 1: K3, P2, PM, P1 (centre stitch), PM, p2, K3 (no increases here)
Row 2: (RS) K3, M1L, K2, M1R, K1 (CS), M1L, K2, M1R, K3(4 increases here)
Row 3: (WS) K3, P to last 3sts, K3(no increases here) (15sts is correct)
TRIANGLE SECTION
Row 1 (RS): K3, M1L, knit to centre stitch, M1R, K1, M1L, knit to last 3 sts,
M1R, K3(4 increases here)
Row 2 (WS): K3, purl to last 3sts, K3(no increases here)
Repeat rows 1 and 2 twice more (27sts is correct)

Looks like you've increased on a row that didnt have increases.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards, Brian.

jcrowley27 on craftsy.com
jcrowley27  September 18, 2013 10:04 AM

Do the markers stay just around the one center stitch, or do the expand with the M1 stitches that proceed and follow it? The reason I ask is that row 1 section one reads "*(K2, T2R) repeat from * to centre st, K2, M1R, k1, M1L, K2". Should I take the repeat to 2 sts before the center stitch? Hope this makes sense!

Briansmith9 on craftsy.com
Briansmith9  September 20, 2013 3:54 AM

Hi there, Yes, the markers stay either side of the centre stitch as you progress through the pattern. Yes, you take the repeat to 2sts before the marker, k2, m1r, slm, k1, slm, m1l, k2.

Hope this helps, Brian.

Diana Greenwood on craftsy.com
Diana Greenwood  July 28, 2013 2:57 AM

is this loom knitted?

Briansmith9 on craftsy.com
Briansmith9  August 2, 2013 2:45 AM

No Diana, hand knitted on needles :)

Vienette on craftsy.com
Vienette  July 2, 2013 10:00 AM

Wow! This will make an excellent prayer shawl. I am so happy that I stumbled upon your pattern.

Briansmith9 on craftsy.com
Briansmith9  July 5, 2013 3:04 AM

Glad you like my pattern Vienette, happy knitting :)

Regards, Brian

SewKnot on craftsy.com
SewKnot  December 4, 2013 2:27 AM

Yes - I was mesmerized by the texture combinations. Thank you!

Briansmith9 on craftsy.com
Briansmith9  June 21, 2013 1:25 AM

My pleasure. Enjoy knitting it :)

Regards, Brian

Tricoter on craftsy.com
Tricoter  June 15, 2013 7:46 PM

A real beauty and I guess I will have to order it. Then find the perfect Blue yarn to knit it. Thank you for sharing.

alisanne72 on craftsy.com
alisanne72  February 13, 2014 10:59 AM

Never mind. I was thinking this was a free pattern.

alisanne72 on craftsy.com
alisanne72  February 13, 2014 10:43 AM

When I go to pattern details there iz no pattern just materials. Am I missing anothernplace to click for the stitching?

sapphire shawl Pattern