Petite, Men, Girls, Women, Boys
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knitting in the round
Rubinette is a loose, modern beanie knitted in the round in a textured check pattern that is as easy to do as rib but looks really effective as fabric. As the pattern is reversible, it is worked with the WS facing out and decreases carried out on this side which, when turned inside out neatly disappear into the pattern. It is designed to be close-fitting around the brim and then to fold and hang at the back. It could have a pompon if desired. The stitch pattern is so easy to do, and the decreases are very basic that even a beginner of knitting in the round could make this. Rubinette is a type of red apple and so it is perfectly apt for this shade of deep red.
18 sts x 24 rnds on size 5mm needles over 10cm/ 4ins in Little Checks Stitch.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Small, (Medium, Large, Extra Large) Shown here in size Medium. To fit size 20 (21, 22, 23) inches or 51 (53.5, 56, 58.5) cm head circumference.
- Knit Picks HW Gloss (Worsted ) 70% Merino Wool, 30% Silk 164 yards/100 gram 1 x 100g balls Shown here in #24741 Wine (Burgundy Red).
- 1 long or 2 short circular needle(s) or 1 set of 5 dpns size US8 (5mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
You Will Also Need:
- 1 tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Optional: Card or pompon maker for pompon if desired
- 1 stitch marker or small loop of yarn to mark beg of rnd
Any that knits to gauge. Shown here in Knit Picks yarns
Shown here in #24741 Burgundy