This is a fast moving but charming neckwarmer. Centered rosebuds glide down the neckwarmer framed with cascading leaves. Simply closed by weaving one end through the yarn overs of the other. No buttons needed.
Made with just 2 balls of fingering weight yarn, apprx 150 yards, this would make a great gift and is fun to make.
This pattern can also be used with any weight yarn. I have started one in worsted weight and added a picture to show. You can also continue making a longer scarf if you choose.
A great gift for anyone in any weather!
• CF1 – Place 1 stitches on cable hook and hold in front of work
• KCF1 – Knit 1 stitches on cable hook
• K – knit
• P – Purl
• SSK – knit two stitches together through back loops (decrease stitch)
• K2tog – knit two stitches together through front loops (decrease stitch)
• K3tog – knit three stitches together through front loops (decrease 2 stitches)
• K5tog – knit five stitches together through front loops (decrease 4 stitches)
• P2tog – purl two stitches together (decrease stitch)
• P2tog tbl – purl two stitches together through back loops (decrease 1 stitches)
• YO – yarn over knitting needle to increase stitch
• Slip1 – Slip 1 stitch from left needle to right needle without knitting
• PSSO – pass slipped stitch over knitted stitch
• (PM) – place marker
• KB1 – knit through back loop one stitch
I have been knitting and sewing since I was a young girl. My mother and grandmother taught me.