Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knitting in the round, increasing/decreasing, stranded knitting with two colors, reading a chart, stitching brim lining to inside of hat
Designed with a lining for warmth and a snug fit, River Dreams hat is a quick, easy knit. The pattern has charts for three sizes, photos, and written instructions.
The River Dream motif is inspired by the intricate geometric pattern from the shamanic textiles of the Indians in the Amazon basin of Peru. The pattern's name references both the river and the dreams and songs that give rise to the textile designs.
There is a matching mitten pattern.
6 stitches and 6 to 7 rows = 1 inch in
24 stitches and 24/28 rows=4 inches
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Small, Medium, Large Finished circumference: 20 [22, 24] inches (50 [55, 60] cm) Depth: 7 to 8 1/2 inches (18 to 22 cm)
- US#8 (5.0mm) 16-24" (40-60 cm) circular needles US#8 (5.0mm) DPNs Adjust needle size as necessary to obtain proper gauge
- Worsted weight yarn in 2 colors: Main Color - 100 yards/45 grams (143 yards/65 grams, 165 yards/72 grams) Contrast Color - 64 yards/29 grams (64 yards/29 grams, 85 yards/34 grams)
You Will Also Need:
- 4 stitch markers, tapestry needle
164 yards of Worsted weight